Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sc, Lake District to get it's own currency........

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Exactly so. That is my plan. However, my ability to burn through money must not be underestimated.

I'll be skint inside 18 months.
    Just remember: "Frugality may be termed the daughter of prudence, the sister of temperance and the parent of liberty"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Very nice. Apart from when it rains or is covered in mist or snow (ie most of the year).

Mind you, before I bought that place, the occupants would have to solemnly promise to take all the furniture, curtains, wallpaper, fittings and carpets away with them. The fireplace is fvcking hideous as well.
    Well, yes.

Gut it and spend £100k. Sorted.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Just remember: "Frugality may be termed the daughter of prudence, the sister of temperance and the parent of liberty"
    Tight ****.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, yes.

Gut it and spend £100k. Sorted.
    Honestly, though, how do so many people get through decades of life without ever developing any aesthetic discernment? What do they do with their eyes? How can you look at decor that makes your house look like a mid-range suburban knocking shop and not recoil?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tight ****.
    I don't think frugality's ever got anyone any of that, tbh.

Honestly, though, how do so many people get through decades of life without ever developing any aesthetic discernment? What do they do with their eyes? How can you look at decor that makes your house look like a mid-range suburban knocking shop and not recoil?
    There's no accounting for taste, b.

though that place is taking twee to another level.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”