Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must admit that getting sucked out of a plane window doesn't sound much fun.

I must admit that getting sucked out of a plane window doesn't sound much fun.

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that, of all the ways for aeroplane travel to kill you, only burning alive sounds worse.

According to Auric Goldfinger it’s definitely being sucked out of the plane imo

Cracking film..might load it up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that, of all the ways for aeroplane travel to kill you, only burning alive sounds worse.
    It happened at FL320, I believe, so you'd have about 30 seconds before you were rendered unconscious. Add the trauma of the journey through the (very small) window, and I would suspect (and hope) that the poor lady was pretty much instantly insensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It happened at FL320, I believe, so you'd have about 30 seconds before you were rendered unconscious. Add the trauma of the journey through the (very small) window, and I would suspect (and hope) that the poor lady was pretty much instantly insensible.
    I think she was also hit by shrapnel from the engine exploding, that might well have killed her before all the other nasty bits happened.

Presumably it was just her head that went through. I'd have thought the shoulders would have been too broad to go through. I'm also impressed that the passengers were able to hold onto her.

must have been some force. Those windows are not very big.

Yes. Worrying, though. Not the sort of thing you really want happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Presumably it was just her head that went through. I'd have thought the shoulders would have been too broad to go through. I'm also impressed that the passengers were able to hold onto her.
    In which case, one might have been tempted to leave her there to plug the hole, sort of thing.

I know she appears to have landed the plane in a highly accomplished fashion and is rightly being lauded for her skill and composure, but still, imagine realising your plane is in serious trouble and then remembering the pilot is a chick

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know she appears to have landed the plane in a highly accomplished fashion and is rightly being lauded for her skill and composure, but still, imagine realising your plane is in serious trouble and then remembering the pilot is a chick
    that's probably what caused this in the first place.