Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Talking of supermarkets, what fresh cvntery is this?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That is because a quinoa burger isn't really a fúcking burger.

Quinoa only became 'on trend' ( ) because some uptight, beard sporting, tight-jeaned **** thought they'd invented the fúcking stuff.
    People pay £15 for one in my local.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    People pay £15 for one in my local.
    are they uptight, beard sporting, tight-jeaned ****s, r?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    with Kale imo.
    Mrs WES has just returned from NY where she discovered that Manhattan is absolutely mad for kale, they put it in f*cking everything.

She showed me a picture of a prawn, kale Caesar salad. Which caused me to comment that by default that meant it wasn't a Caesar salad at all.

On the upside, Master WES showed me a brunch dish. Two eggs with hollandaise on top of a bed of poutine with chunks of BBQ brisket all around. For brunch. F*cker must have had about 8000 calories. He ate it all, of course.

That is because a quinoa burger isn't really a fúcking burger.

Quinoa only became 'on trend' ( ) because some uptight, beard sporting, tight-jeaned **** thought they'd invented the fúcking stuff.
    Well of course it isn't. I don't even count chicken burgers as 'burgers' (they're chicken sandwiches), let alone things whose main ingredient never saw the inside of an abbatoir.

Burgers are made from beef. This is simply a scientific fact.

are they uptight, beard sporting, tight-jeaned ****s, r?
    Mostly, yes. They turn up on their single speed bicycle in their grandfather's clothes. They wash it down with a craft beer or two (not too many, though!), talk about their sleeve tattoos, play Connect Four & then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Mostly, yes. They turn up on their single speed bicycle in their grandfather's clothes. They wash it down with a craft beer or two (not too many, though!), talk about their sleeve tattoos, play Connect Four & then leave.
    This is the sort of thing that makes me think Putin ought to nuke us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well of course it isn't. I don't even count chicken burgers as 'burgers' (they're chicken sandwiches), let alone things whose main ingredient never saw the inside of an abbatoir.

Burgers are made from beef. This is simply a scientific fact.
    Hmm... I don't disagree but I think a lamb burger is nearly a burger.

It seems the term 'burger' refers merely to the shape these days. That being said, when you order a sausage bagel in New York, the sausages come in a burger shape. Yet they don't call them sausage/pork burgers.

This is the sort of thing that makes me think Putin ought to nuke us.
    it'll be FODMAP menus in pubs next, b. mark my words...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

it'll be FODMAP menus in pubs next, b. mark my words...
    Ah, now I've heard of that due to my wife having a coeliac friend.

I must admit that when she first told me she was a coeliac, I thought she was referring to some crank religion.

Strangely, no. I would cross the road to avoid such an establishment, in fact.

I would assume that as soon as one enters such a place, one is engulfed in the reek of unwashed bodies, sweat-soaked hempen garments and pulse-based flatulence.
    Not really. Just a smog of self satisfaction and the whiff of competition as to who has saved the most animals/planets today.

if you are just a vegan you are bottom of the ladder. You have to be gluten free as well to get a seat at the table and, ideally, only eat things that sprout.....