Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we at least all rally around the hope that United might

Can we at least all rally around the hope that United might

beat Spurs on Saturday?

Frankly, I'm petrified, but am clinging on to the hope that Mourinho might squeeze a performance out of them after tearing them a new arsehole last weekend.

Unless they down tools like Chelsea did under him a few seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    beat Spurs on Saturday?

Frankly, I'm petrified, but am clinging on to the hope that Mourinho might squeeze a performance out of them after tearing them a new arsehole last weekend.

Mourinho kind of needs a trophy really.

The bigger picture is getting Pocchetino out of Spurs. I would go along with anything that achieved that, even them winning a trophy.

beat Spurs on Saturday?

I am very much afraid, young m, that you are simply going to have to steel yourself to the reality that Spurs will win some trophies for a while. We, on the other hand, will win fúck all.

It happens. Like being bummed, it's not so bad once the tip is in. You get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mourinho kind of needs a trophy really.

The bigger picture is getting Pocchetino out of Spurs. I would go along with anything that achieved that, even them winning a trophy.
    Madrid in the summer - NOT FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am very much afraid, young m, that you are simply going to have to steel yourself to the reality that Spurs will win some trophies for a while. We, on the other hand, will win fúck all.

It happens. Like being bummed, it's not so bad once the tip is in. You get used to it.
    It was bound to happen. We had a pretty good run. After all, the last time it was like this was the early to mid 80s.

beat Spurs on Saturday?

I know it goes against the grain here but I would prefer United to lose (accepting that there is no real ‘winner’ in this ****fest).

My hatred for United knows no bounds, factor in JM and their current woes and the thought of them going out fills me with joy. He will undoubtedly turn on his players which is his way, which in turn will see them in another state of flux, more good money being thrown after bad. I think there is a reasonably decent chance of implosion there the longer his reign lasts.

Southampton to then win the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was bound to happen. We had a pretty good run. After all, the last time it was like this was the early to mid 80s.
    Yes indeed, we have been unbelievably lucky. A vast part of our support base has never experienced a period when we weren't very good.

What's coming is entirely healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I know it goes against the grain here but I would prefer United to lose (accepting that there is no real ‘winner’ in this ****fest).

My hatred for United knows no bounds, factor in JM and their current woes and the thought of them going out fills me with joy. He will undoubtedly turn on his players which is his way, which in turn will see them in another state of flux, more good money being thrown after bad. I think there is a reasonably decent chance of implosion there the longer his reign lasts.

Southampton to then win the final.
    which could rob us of thursday night football...is that good or bad?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes indeed, we have been unbelievably lucky. A vast part of our support base has never experienced a period when we weren't very good.

What's coming is entirely healthy.
    I remember the slight air of disbelief when we eventually won that league cup semi final against a Spurs team that included Hoddle, Waddle and Clive Allen. On paper, they should have battered us.

And even then it was obvious we'd lose to Liverpool in the final.

beat Spurs on Saturday?

They're playing my beloved Cherries tonight. Surely we can all unite behind Eddie's Army (I would like Eddie to be our new manager, as it happens)?

14/1 on an AFCB win. Get on it imo.