Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was watching a tv show about the invincibles era

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    SWv2 "The absence of a European triumph, or indeed coming close, is often held up as a reason to knock them."

It really was a missed opportunity given the teams which reached the Semi-Final that year
    And going out to a Wayne Bridge winner in that Quarter at Highbury...

A CL in 04 and another in 06 would have suited me
    Of course, the question is whether we could have sustained our league performance if we'd still been in the CL?

That year Chelsea knocked us out was our year and pretty pivotal to the future of European football.

Chelsea played Monaco in the Semi Final but Ranieri found a way to lose but then a young Jose Mourinho masterminded a famous win for Porto in the final...next up was his victory lap around Europe with Chelsea, Real and Inter and years of endless Arsene torment.

Should have got the job done that year imo
    Last edited by Tony C; 04-18-2018 at 12:34 PM.

It’s part of the reason I just can’t see us winning the EL.

After witnessing stuff like the above, Galatasary in the UEFA, Paris in 06, Birmingham in the Carling Cup...I just think we’ll find a way to screw it up.

We’ll probably beat Atlético 5-0 over the 2 legs then lose on penalties to Salzburg in the final

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well they are a significantly bigger club. What constitutes dominance for us is average for them.
    That's true if you ignore the 25 year period during which they didn't win the league once and were relegated.

New to football, Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    That's true if you ignore the 25 year period during which they didn't win the league once and were relegated.

New to football, Rich?
    I think he is, wes. This moment was obviously sweet for the Citeh fans...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I think he is, wes. This moment was obviously sweet for the Citeh fans...

Can you imagine Vieira or McLintock relegating us, IUFG? Me, neither.

That really is quite, quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The European thing doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the number of leagues United won between 1998 and 2004.
    Not winning the CL in 2004 annoys me more than than Henry fvcking up vs Barca. 2004 was the year we should have won it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not winning the CL in 2004 annoys me more than than Henry fvcking up vs Barca. 2004 was the year we should have won it.
    I wouldn't swap it for the Invincibles year, tbh. And it might have come down to an either/or between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    We’ll probably beat Atlético 5-0 over the 2 legs then lose on penalties to Salzburg in the final
    I find this course of events perversely amusing. Although a 3-1 victory over Madrid sounds more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    For some reason the 2002/2003 screw up hurts me the most. It would have been three in a row.