Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I was watching a tv show about the invincibles era

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    For some reason the 2002/2003 screw up hurts me the most. It would have been three in a row.
    But possibly gave us the sense of injustice that led to the Invincibles year? Three in a row, or two out of three and an invincible year?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    But possibly gave us the sense of injustice that led to the Invincibles year? Three in a row, or two out of three and an invincible year?
    3 in a row and the invincibles, AFCE.

I'm a greedy f*cker.

3 in a row and the invincibles, AFCE.

I'm a greedy f*cker.
    **** it, let's have the CL in 2004 as well.

We'd probably still just as miserable about finishing 6th/7th

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not winning the CL in 2004 annoys me more than than Henry fvcking up vs Barca. 2004 was the year we should have won it.
    I take your point as 2004 was a much better team, however beating Chelsea would have meant us having to avoid ****ing up for 3 more matches, 180 minutes. Who knows how we would have coped with the remaining games and team rotation.

Jeremie Aliadiere to start up top. Blimey.

Henry scoring that chance meant 20 minutes and surely victory?

The circumstances of 2004 certainly hurt more as we utterly blew it, Paris was more a sense of disbelief that we were actually winning.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Henry scoring that chance meant 20 minutes and surely victory?

The circumstances of 2004 certainly hurt more as we utterly blew it, Paris was more a sense of disbelief that we were actually winning.
    Henrik Fúcking Larsson

Manuel Fúcking Almunia
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Henrik Fúcking Larsson

Manuel Fúcking Almunia
    God was I drunk that night. The George Abbott in Guildford's fault. I fancied lager and they only had Fosters and Stella so I ingeniously decided that watching the CL final and swilling endless pints of Stella was a good idea.

I can still recall the look on the Chinese woman's face at the chippy as I ordered. Not sure what she was more worried about, my ability to take my wallet out and pay or the likelihood that I was about to fall into the glass window behind me.

God was I drunk that night. The George Abbott in Guildford's fault. I fancied lager and they only had Fosters and Stella so I ingeniously decided that watching the CL final and swilling endless pints of Stella was a good idea.

I can still recall the look on the Chinese woman's face at the chippy as I ordered. Not sure what she was more worried about, my ability to take my wallet out and pay or the likelihood that I was about to fall into the glass window behind me.
    I miss the 5.2% Stella.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Rather than look back in fondness it made me sad

why is this? that team should have done more
    They did plenty, imo. As a rule, we are not greedy supporters.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Henrik Fúcking Larsson

Manuel Fúcking Almunia
    Jens Lehmann
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."