Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So many questions about this story.

So many questions about this story.

* Why would you want to eat a meat pie at 7am?
    * 'Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry'?!?
    * What are these sinister reasons why he believes Morrisons are witholding pies from him?
    * Couldn't they at least be magnanimous in victory?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/16/victor...s-7am-7471602/

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    * 'Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry'?!?
    * What are these sinister reasons why he believes Morrisons are witholding pies from him?

Its a victory for the common man against a corporate behemoth.

Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry, believes Morrisons have a hidden agenda.

They wanted to buy eight large sausage rolls and two steak bakes at 8.45am last Wednesday

We have always been able to get the pies before 9am. The decision makes no sense. I can’t see any logic.’

Though my favourite line of the whole piece is:

"Five other people joined the queue at Berwick Hills and saw the meat treats in the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its a victory for the common man against a corporate behemoth.
    I of course agree that if a paying customer wants a pie at 7am then it is his or her God-given right to have one. That is what our forbears fought and died for.

Now they need to start on McDonald's and its absurd belief that I only ever want breakfast at breakfast time.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-16-2018 at 04:04 PM.

**** me, the hack must have had a laugh writing that one

Morrisons have now contacted metro.co.uk to tell us that they have backed down in a humbling defeat.

Speaking earlier about their ordeal, Linda said...

But Tony suggested a more sinister explanation...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I of course agree that if a paying customer wants a pie at 7am then it is his or her God-given right to have one. That is what our forbears fought and died for.

Now they need to start on McDonald's and it's absurd belief that I only ever want breakfast at breakfast time.
    Said pies are cooked in the store, if they are not ready at 7am then the fúcker can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Tony, who has fish and chips three days a week and says he rarely touches pastry, believes Morrisons have a hidden agenda.

They wanted to buy eight large sausage rolls and two steak bakes at 8.45am last Wednesday

We have always been able to get the pies before 9am. The decision makes no sense. I can’t see any logic.’

Though my favourite line of the whole piece is:

"Five other people joined the queue at Berwick Hills and saw the meat treats in the back"

I know. I'm imagining them slavering as they press their faces to the glass at the sight of unattainable pies.

Perhaps they were buying them for friends? Or perhaps his missus is the real pie-beast?

I still want to know what the hidden agenda is, though.

Now they need to start on McDonald's and it's absurd belief that I only ever want breakfast at breakfast time.
    THere's more to this, b. Morrison's have their own agenda. They dont want people knowing about it.....

I know. I'm imagining them slavering as they press their faces to the glass at the sight of unattainable pies.

Perhaps they were buying them for friends? Or perhaps his missus is the real pie-beast?

I still want to know what the hidden agenda is, though.
    Did you make it to the very end??

"Linda concluded: ‘I wasn’t waiting 20 minutes so I went to Cooplands. I was disappointed to say the least.’"

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Said pies are cooked in the store, if they are not ready at 7am then the fúcker can wait.
    The customer is always right, sw.