Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How much money do you reckon we could get back

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does he stay in the summer or does he go, SW?

Furthermore, my preferred replacement would be Massimo Allegri.
    Win the EL and he stays, or he might go in a blaze of secondary glory.

No idea.

I would honestly doubt MA is going to leave Juventus for a club that is not even in the CL so while EL success may work in your favour here I also suspect it would be the catalyst for further Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    So you think they gave him the new contract expecting to be about 15 points worse off? Come off it. They gave it to him because there was no structure in place for a successor and because he narrowly missed out on 4th and won a trophy. It's now the complete opposite in that we're miles away from 4th and the structure to replace him is there.
    If they thought this season was going to be any better than last then they are not the sort of people I want hiring our next manager. I said at the time that he was mental to sign a new deal and that the next two years were going to be even harder.

They may not have expected it to be this bad but they must have expected that we would struggle to finish in the top four. At this stage, we could still win the Europa League, he has signed two decent players etc etc......

You can dress up the two previous seasons however you like but it was obvious to any **** that we were getting steadily worse and that has continued this year. THere is no grand departure here, just the same themes accentuated by the fact that we effectively gave up on the top four months ago. Even at this point I could fabricate grounds for optimism, as above....

I just genuinely dont believe they have the guts to sack him.

We’ll probably sign Evans and that’s it. Greek Marv and Holding will fight it out for the 2nd spot imo. Koscielny will be the new Per and Mustafi will be at right back after Bellerin p isses off.

Long shot is someone like Maitland making centre half his home like Kolo Toure did.

In midfield probably someone like Abdoulaye Doucouré from Watford with Xhaka staying, Wilshere leaving and Ramsey being the new Alexis / Ox contract rebel.

Our new goalie will be just interesting...decent pool to pick from this time around so no excuses ie Butland, Allison or Oblak.

Knowing Wenger it’s most likely Joe Hart or Buffon for 1 last season

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Our new goalie will be just interesting...decent pool to pick from this time around so no excuses ie Butland, Allison or Oblak.

Knowing Wenger it’s most likely Joe Hart or Buffon for 1 last season
    The rumours seem to be based on transfers no longer being down to Wenger. Left to him, there wont be a new keeper next season. We will stick with Cech.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If they thought this season was going to be any better than last then they are not the sort of people I want hiring our next manager. I said at the time that he was mental to sign a new deal and that the next two years were going to be even harder.

They may not have expected it to be this bad but they must have expected that we would struggle to finish in the top four. At this stage, we could still win the Europa League, he has signed two decent players etc etc......

You can dress up the two previous seasons however you like but it was obvious to any **** that we were getting steadily worse and that has continued this year. THere is no grand departure here, just the same themes accentuated by the fact that we effectively gave up on the top four months ago. Even at this point I could fabricate grounds for optimism, as above....

I just genuinely dont believe they have the guts to sack him.
    They probably thought if we got around 75 points again it would be close to getting 4th. Instead we’ll be lucky to get 60 and the 4th placed team will probably have 80. This is the thing now. Previously 70-75 (sometimes even lower) got you 4th place but now you’re looking at 80 points. How often has he get 80 points in his 22 years?