Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How much money do you reckon we could get back

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Most games lost, most goal against, lowest finish (likely), stadium 3/4 full at best, no away points in 2018...... should be sacked imo
    Probably our lowest points total since 94/95. We're now as **** as before he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Tell me why they'd keep him? We're miles away from top 4 and the club is losing money because of it. The stadium is half empty most weeks. There's literally no reason for them to want to keep him. Last season we were just behind 4th and won the FA cup. This season if the scenario mentioned plays out we're potless and most likely 15-20 points away from 4th. People are going off what's happened in the past but it's irrelevant because it's never been this bad.
    Because they gave him a two year deal last season when, lets face it, what has happened this season was always very likely to happen. We knew we had major problems around Sanchez and Ozil, we knew Liverpool, Spurs and United were all improving.

This season cant have come as a major surprise to them, we all knew it was going to be tough. THey are not going to sack him. Clearly they are putting things in place behind the scenes for when he does go so we have some hope of him leaving next summer. THe only way I see him leaving this summer is if he walks and again....he just isnt going to.

Unless they have a detailed plot around who they are bringing in and Wenger is willingly involved in the timing of it. I dont think that is true though....

Probably our lowest points total since 94/95. We're now as **** as before he got here.
    THis is the worst arsenal side since the year they sacked Graham. THat side reached a european final.....

Tell me why they'd keep him? We're miles away from top 4 and the club is losing money because of it. The stadium is half empty most weeks. There's literally no reason for them to want to keep him. Last season we were just behind 4th and won the FA cup. This season if the scenario mentioned plays out we're potless and most likely 15-20 points away from 4th. People are going off what's happened in the past but it's irrelevant because it's never been this bad.
    The only thing that gives me hope is that Arsene himself did say that his performance would be evaluated with the board this summer & a mutual decision reached.

So the question is whether the board see this year as a blip and that normal service of 4th place trophies can be resumed next year.

My personal opinion is that he will only stay if we win the EL (bit worried that we might). If we don't, the board will surely look at Klopp at Liverpool, Pochetino at Spurs etc and see that there are managers doing a significantly better job with less resource.

I think that they gave him a 2 year deal to make a smooth transition. They have made significant changes to the backroom staff with Sanhelli, Milsilant and Fahmy with more to follow this summer (Mertesaker etc). I think this was designed to avoid the 'big bang' scenario that worked so poorly at post-Fergie United.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Because they gave him a two year deal last season when, lets face it, what has happened this season was always very likely to happen. We knew we had major problems around Sanchez and Ozil, we knew Liverpool, Spurs and United were all improving.

This season cant have come as a major surprise to them, we all knew it was going to be tough. THey are not going to sack him. Clearly they are putting things in place behind the scenes for when he does go so we have some hope of him leaving next summer. THe only way I see him leaving this summer is if he walks and again....he just isnt going to.

Unless they have a detailed plot around who they are bringing in and Wenger is willingly involved in the timing of it. I dont think that is true though....
    So you think they gave him the new contract expecting to be about 15 points worse off? Come off it. They gave it to him because there was no structure in place for a successor and because he narrowly missed out on 4th and won a trophy. It's now the complete opposite in that we're miles away from 4th and the structure to replace him is there.

Yes, I agree with the bit about them not being willing to sack him and him not being (because of his arrogance) willing to resign.

And allow me another opportunity to point out that despite of all the challenges we knew of, the manager still generated a profit in the summer transfer window and the club let him do it.

THis is the worst arsenal side since the year they sacked Graham. THat side reached a european final.....
    Not sure it is any worse than some of the early Emirates teams in the periods post Henry.

We had some fúcking corkers playing for us in that time but arguably the overall standard of the PL was lower which allowed us to make top 4.

There are some excellent footballers in the current team, the issue is the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not sure it is any worse than some of the early Emirates teams in the periods post Henry.

We had some fúcking corkers playing for us in that time but arguably the overall standard of the PL was lower which allowed us to make top 4.

There are some excellent footballers in the current team, the issue is the manager.
    He had an handy excuse of Chelsea being big spenders
    'we can't compete' and we just moved stadium.

Though those squads still played exciting football. The whole period where we had the likes of Arteta (I like him) Squlliaci, Jenkinson, Frimpong, I didn't like at all.

we were not that great last season at Highbury either to be honest except our decent CL run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He had an handy excuse of Chelsea being big spenders
    'we can't compete' and we just moved stadium.

Though those squads still played exciting football. The whole period where we had the likes of Arteta (I like him) Squlliaci, Jenkinson, Frimpong, I didn't like at all.

we were not that great last season at Highbury either to be honest except our decent CL run.
    Those teams had smashing individuals such as Fabregas and van Persie but some of the others around them should never have been allowed to play for Arsenal such as those you name.

The current side also has smashing individuals, more I would argue, but perhaps a manager who doesn't appear to be able to get the most from their assorted talents.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Those teams had smashing individuals such as Fabregas and van Persie but some of the others around them should never have been allowed to play for Arsenal such as those you name.

The current side also has smashing individuals, more I would argue, but perhaps a manager who doesn't appear to be able to get the most from their assorted talents.
    Does he stay in the summer or does he go, SW?

Furthermore, my preferred replacement would be Massimo Allegri.