Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How much money do you reckon we could get back

How about Harry Maguire from Leicester? Always seems to play well when I see him play. Or is he not sophisticated enough for us?

Not that it matters. Do we really trust a manager who bought Mustafi, Chambers and Holding to buy the CB we need?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    How about Harry Maguire from Leicester? Always seems to play well when I see him play. Or is he not sophisticated enough for us?
    He has proved to be a steal from Hull City at £12m.

Jarrod Bowen has caught my eye whenever I have had the misfortune to watch Championship football. Still, the last thing we need is another slightly built attacking player.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He has proved to be a steal from Hull City at £12m.

Jarrod Bowen has caught my eye whenever I have had the misfortune to watch Championship football. Still, the last thing we need is another slightly built attacking player.
    That Golovin chap did look very useful and as much as I'd prefer we didn't buy another smallish no. 10 sort of midfielder, Golovin alongside of Ozil and Mikkie behind Aubameyang feels awfully good. Although I've never understood why Wenger doesn't play Ramsey as part of the 3 given how much he likes him and his view that good players find ways to play together. Or perhaps I just haven't been watching enough of us this season. Has he ever played two of Elneny/Wilshere/Xhaka farther back and Ramsey/Ozil/Mikkie behind a striker?

At the back I'm not sure where we start. Remember, we not only generated a profit in the summer transfer window, we didn't buy a single defender if you don't consider Kolasinac a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    For Mustafi? At this point I’m starting to think it would be so low that you might as well keep him and have him as 4th choice.
    Dear old Arsene will spend all summer trying to sign Smalling from Utd. He'll eventually get him on deadline day, for a hugely inflated fee. After we lose the first two or three games. Then Smalling will be utter **** as well. WD Arsene Wenger imo

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Dear old Arsene will spend all summer trying to sign Smalling from Utd. He'll eventually get him on deadline day, for a hugely inflated fee. After we lose the first two or three games. Then Smalling will be utter **** as well. WD Arsene Wenger imo
    Surely we won't allow Arsene to stay if we finish 7th and don't win the Europa League?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    That Golovin chap did look very useful and as much as I'd prefer we didn't buy another smallish no. 10 sort of midfielder, Golovin alongside of Ozil and Mikkie behind Aubameyang feels awfully good. Although I've never understood why Wenger doesn't play Ramsey as part of the 3 given how much he likes him and his view that good players find ways to play together. Or perhaps I just haven't been watching enough of us this season. Has he ever played two of Elneny/Wilshere/Xhaka farther back and Ramsey/Ozil/Mikkie behind a striker?
    A couple of midfielders who don't feel the compulsion to run beyond the ball whenever we're in possession would be nice...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Surely we won't allow Arsene to stay if we finish 7th and don't win the Europa League?
    He won't be staying if we don't win it and finish 6th.

He shouldn't stay no matter what happens between now and the end of the season..... worst league season since he arrived is what he should be judged on... cups are a distraction and not a true vision of how a season goes
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A couple of midfielders who don't feel the compulsion to run beyond the ball whenever we're in possession would be nice...
    Although I would probably take one if the powers that be realize that Ramsey should never be one of the two. Elneny, Xhaka and one new midfielder would be fine.

Really? Which of him falling on his sword or the board finally getting rid of him do you think is most likely under this scenario?

I struggle to see either happening, might be wrong.