Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So yesterday I drank two of my homemade, five-month matured sparkling ciders.

So yesterday I drank two of my homemade, five-month matured sparkling ciders.

Clear as a bell, gloriously effervescent, crisp and delicious.

A couple of hours later I suffered a thunderous (albeit thankfully short-lived) bout of gastric unpleasantness.

I do not know if these two events are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Clear as a bell, gloriously effervescent, crisp and delicious.

A couple of hours later I suffered a thunderous (albeit thankfully short-lived) bout of gastric unpleasantness.

I do not know if these two events are related.
    I think you do, b, don't you? Even the most sanitised cider is going to mess with your gizzards. Cider produced under the auspices of your somewhat dubious concept of cleanliness is liable to give most human beings dysentery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think you do, b, don't you? Even the most sanitised cider is going to mess with your gizzards. Cider produced under the auspices of your somewhat dubious concept of cleanliness is liable to give most human beings dysentery.
    Everything was thoroughly sterilised and the cider itself gave off no hint of ming, I can assure you. You would have drunk it very happily. Besides, fermentation kills most things that can damage one.

No. The cause of my discomfort remains a mystery. I don't think it can have been my cider.

Everything was thoroughly sterilised and the cider itself gave off no hint of ming, I can assure you. You would have drunk it very happily. Besides, fermentation kills most things that can damage one.

No. The cause of my discomfort remains a mystery. I don't think it can have been my cider.
    Have another 2 pints and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He drank the cider and shortly afterwards shat himself into oblivion. I'm not sure what he will achieve by taking more of the poison on board. Perhaps he wants to look like Karen Carpenter?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider.

I had quite of lot of Aspall yesterday - the only thing more damaged than my gizzards was my wallet

This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider.
    I think consumers are going to consider that as rather more than just a side effect.

I was presented with 7% lager on Saturday in the pub and told that, due to its incredible strength, one was only allowed to order in two-third of a pint.

Well I will NOT be told what size drink I can and cannot have. I had a Guinness instead. **** them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had quite of lot of Aspall yesterday - the only thing more damaged than my gizzards was my wallet
    There you go. Anything with the power to disturb your embalmed intestinal tract must have extremely dangerous juju.

There you go. Anything with the power to disturb your embalmed intestinal tract must have extremely dangerous juju.
    I actually had enough yesterday to be influenced into booking a flight back for the Burnley game