Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lordy, but we were pretty poor last night.

Lordy, but we were pretty poor last night.

Got away with it, though, I s'pose. Hard to avoid the nagging suspicion that someone's going to rip us a new one in this competition pretty soon, though.

Elneny gets better every time I see him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Got away with it, though, I s'pose. Hard to avoid the nagging suspicion that someone's going to rip us a new one in this competition pretty soon, though.

He was the best Arsenal player on the pitch last night. Him and Bambi.

OTOH, Cech, Mustafi, Wilshere (and on reflection Monreal) were dog shíte
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He was the best Arsenal player on the pitch last night. Him and Bambi.

OTOH, Cech, Mustafi, Wilshere (and on reflection Monreal) were dog shíte
    Both goals were attributable to poor keeping. Wilshere kept falling over and then eventually did his favourite thing of leaving his foot in and getting injured. Seals learn faster than that boy.

On the flip side it’s a clear sign something his fundamentally wrong with the team when Welbeck and Elneny are your standout performers.

Like the old days when Grimandi or Flamini would be man of the match.

Got to get rid of all the flipping No10s imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    On the flip side it’s a clear sign something his fundamentally wrong with the team when Welbeck and Elneny are your standout performers.

Like the old days when Grimandi or Flamini would be man of the match.

Got to get rid of all the flipping No10s imo
    I think that's fair enough with regard to Welbeck (for whom the word 'ordinary' would be high praise), but not to Elneny.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

No Xhaka, no party.

Wilshere clearly has things on his mind. That display was... unacceptable from a professional footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No Xhaka, no party.

Wilshere clearly has things on his mind. That display was... unacceptable from a professional footballer.
    I'm not really sure what Wilshere brings to the party tbh.

No creation, no goals, no defensive cover.

Injuries, that's what he brings...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm not really sure what Wilshere brings to the party tbh.

No creation, no goals, no defensive cover.

Injuries, that's what he brings...
    At his best, (and he has been at his best at times this season) he is the one player we have whose combination of ability to run with the ball and tenacity can drive us forward - he can carry a team when he's on top of his game. When he isn't, he's a bit of as liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    At his best, (and he has been at his best at times this season) he is the one player we have whose combination of ability to run with the ball and tenacity can drive us forward - he can carry a team when he's on top of his game. When he isn't, he's a bit of as liability.
    I saw plenty of him running forward with the ball last night. It didn't lead to anything very positive iirc.

I saw plenty of him running forward with the ball last night. It didn't lead to anything very positive iirc.
    It didn't, because last night he wasn't very good at it. When he's playing well, he's better at it.