Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Young Jack seems to be taking a novel approach to getting a

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It struck me last night that Wilshere reminds me of one of those scrappy small dogs that doesn't realise it's a small dog. He plays in a way that would suit a much bigger, stronger man and seems constantly surprised by the fact that this doesn't really work out well for him and involves him spending a lot of time dumped on his arse.
    I suppose so. He wants to be Billy Bremner or Bryan Robson really. Possibly even David Batty or Dennis Wise. However not being the most physically robust and durable of fellows certainly doesn't help.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I suppose so. He wants to be Billy Bremner or Bryan Robson really. Possibly even David Batty or Dennis Wise. However not being the most physically robust and durable of fellows certainly doesn't help.
    I thought you'd like that analogy, r.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ramsey was no worse than anyone else that 1st half. Don't let your hatred cloud your mind
    He was worse then Elneny and Welbeck. But I take your point that he wasn't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You have never actually seen MM play football have you?

Now be honest Dick, no person will think less of you.
    Not live - But I have watched youtube clips of him and like the look of him. As proof that this scouting method works, I informed AWIMB that I was fairly unimpressed with Lacazette's youtube clips - And look how he's turned out. A bit rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    He was worse then Elneny and Welbeck. But I take your point that he wasn't alone.
    I suspect you are suffering from a little confirmation bias where Ramsey is concerned. It's pretty natural when you form an opinion of someone to notice the things that reinforce that view. He's having a good season in my opinion. I wouldn't say there is no room for improvement, but surely he is well ahead of Jack Wilshire in the pecking order now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not live - But I have watched youtube clips of him and like the look of him. As proof that this scouting method works, I informed AWIMB that I was fairly unimpressed with Lacazette's youtube clips - And look how he's turned out. A bit rubbish.
    But you do realise that a specially edited YouTube video could be made to suggest Mustafi is the new Baresi for example or that Danny Welbeck is not bang average.

But you do realise that a specially edited YouTube video could be made to suggest Mustafi is the new Baresi for example or that Danny Welbeck is not bang average.
    I'll never forget Chamakh's YouTube collection. A selection of various scuffed finishes, missed one on ones and instances where he was bundled off the ball. Lacazette wasn't this bad, but he didn't have many 'wow' moments in his compilation either.

Clearly MM is a classy footballer when you look at his clips. You don't make passes like that so often without having something about you.

I personally think we can find better ways of spending £100k a week (Max Meyer) than JW10. I wish him all the best but not sure he fits with Arsenal's future plans.

Ramsey on the other hand should be paid what he wants. He's clearly a superb footballer & I see him as a potential future captain of the club. He is also very handsome.
    My dear Dicky. I am given to understand that you are also a very handsome young man but this doesn't make you any less of an irredeemable cock. And don't forget Ramsay is a welsher and most likely had intimate knowledge of his sisters (it's their way ya see).

In fairness, that's essentially what managers themselves mostly use. Plus statistics provided by video game manufacturers too. After all, we did actually sign Mustafi and Welbeck, didn't we.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I'll never forget Chamakh's YouTube collection. A selection of various scuffed finishes, missed one on ones and instances where he was bundled off the ball. Lacazette wasn't this bad, but he didn't have many 'wow' moments in his compilation either.

Clearly MM is a classy footballer when you look at his clips. You don't make passes like that so often without having something about you.
    Yes he is a decent player but I have never come away from seeing Schalke and informing my family that he is a player we must sign.