Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lordy, but we were pretty poor last night.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Indeed. Seem to see a lot more shots nowadays when the ball does not spin at all..?
    It's that preening ponce Ronaldo who started the fashion for the toe-punt. The problem is that with this shítty ball, it works.

You may mock my age when I yearn for a heavy leather lump with a bladder laced into it, but when you struck such a ball you knew it would go where you aimed it. The skill was in aiming it properly, not punting it into unpredictability and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I agree, the initial save was excellent, but (and this sounds churlish, but really isn't...) his reaction time after the save was glacial. Had he been instantly up, he only needed to move two or three feet and he'd have had the near post covered.
    That's a pretty basic goalkeeping drill, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's a pretty basic goalkeeping drill, I'd have thought.
    Keepers spend hours and hours on it, such is the importance of making the first save and then reacting to be up for the rebound.

He's just a little on the elderly side, bless him. I'm not the sort to condemn a man for his age. For obvious reasons.

Keepers spend hours and hours on it, such is the importance of making the first save and then reacting to be up for the rebound.

He's just a little on the elderly side, bless him. I'm not the sort to condemn a man for his age. For obvious reasons.
    35. I'd love to be that 'elderly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    When you compare Cech to a De Gea (perhaps unfair), a Lloris or even a Pickford he looks a little cumbersome, don't you think? I would very much like Jan Oblak to join in the summer.
    Yes, wouldn't disagree with that - I would very much like to sign Oblak before we play Atletico

Exactly so, the first shot was a horrible thing to deal with. I miss proper balls, la. I miss a proper bend on a ball.

I mean - just look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--2vzQP6KQ

Exactly so, the first shot was a horrible thing to deal with. I miss proper balls, la. I miss a proper bend on a ball.
    Think how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He really could peel an orange with his left foot. Dear old Chippy.

The night he limped off injured during his final season when we knew he was going to leave and the (17,000) North Bank sang, 'Don't go Brady Don't go Brady Don't go Brady Don't g!' so plaintively that grown men wept and he waved at us as if to say, 'Sorry boys, I don't have a choice.'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Think how I feel

I considered including that gag but my finer instincts prevailed. I'm relieved you rolled it into the corner.

I considered including that gag but my finer instincts prevailed. I'm relieved you rolled it into the corner.
    A Harry Kane-esque tap-in imo.