Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lordy, but we were pretty poor last night.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Mustafi again.

another shítbucket of a performance from him.

How the fúck has he got international caps? For Germany?
    Different matter entirely, playing for Germany; their team is usually greater than the sum of its parts and it is generally stronger than whomever it is they're playing, in any case. It's not so much about individuals or individuals' performances.

I imagine our performances will massively improve next season anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Fwiw I felt at various points yesterday Xhaka found his level.

Sadly can’t see him getting back to his Budesliga form while in England.

Hopefully we can get a deal done for him in the summer...maybe even take a sizeable loss. Hopefully both parties can admit it hasn’t worked out and move on quickly.

I got no idea what happened to him. When he arrived he seemed to tick all the boxes ie aggressive midfield enforcer with potential to captain the side but he’s really struggled.

The Dixon quotes the other week were interested..said he’d spoken to Gary Neville about Mustafi (Valencia link)

Apparently Neville said Valencia couldn’t give him away and then Arsenal waltz in with a £35m bid so they gift wrapped him and sent him on his way

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The Dixon quotes the other week were interested..said he’d spoken to Gary Neville about Mustafi (Valencia link)

Apparently Neville said Valencia couldn’t give him away and then Arsenal waltz in with a £35m bid so they gift wrapped him and sent him on his way
    And that is Gary Neville- an authority on everything and somebody who never, ever talks ****.

I think Mustafi would be excellent in a proper defence under a manager who cared about/knew about such things...... our current side could make Baresi look useless.

The defending for Southampton's first goal last week was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Fwiw I felt at various points yesterday Xhaka found his level.

Sadly can’t see him getting back to his Budesliga form while in England.

Hopefully we can get a deal done for him in the summer...maybe even take a sizeable loss. Hopefully both parties can admit it hasn’t worked out and move on quickly.

I got no idea what happened to him. When he arrived he seemed to tick all the boxes ie aggressive midfield enforcer with potential to captain the side but he’s really struggled.
    What? He's been excellent for the last 7 or 8 matches. Was also good again yesterday. This is now the player I thought we'd signed