Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil and Squeaking Little Shít Owen Jones should settle this like men.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The issue is more the BBC insist it? We have an unrealistic expectation of objectivity when it comes to the BBC which tends to demand either fake neutrality or centrist consensus- which is, of itself, a clear form of bias.

It would be tough to find a journalist to host a political show on TV who didnt have a background on one side of the fence.
    Yes, it seems to me politics has pinched all that partisanship, if that's a word, from the football.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Imagine if Owen Jones was a burglar who chose the wrong house to break into

Back tomorrow
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

What about your man James O'Brien. He grinds my gears. Such a condescending c_unt.

He's been bleating about Brexit ever since the referendum. He believes that all 17m people who voted for it are racist idiots. Always going on about 'flag wavers' & seems to think he knows more than everyone else. He gets working class people calling his show and talks down to them constantly. Cannot stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The fuss is because this is an explicit and concerted attempt to remove a journalist from a role not because of how he does his job, but because of who he is and personal views he may hold. We are essentially being told that the possession of certain political ideas makes one unsuitable for a role with the state broadcaster. It's a straight-up authoritarian move by Jones at the behest of his masters.
    We have always believed that the possession of certain political views makes one unsuitable for a role with the state broadcaster. WE just dont quite agree on which views those are.

Lets face it, its a bit ****ing rich for a man who hired a holocaust denier to work for his paper on some nazi diaries to be having a go at theLabour Party for being anti Semitic.

We have always believed that the possession of certain political views makes one unsuitable for a role with the state broadcaster. WE just dont quite agree on which views those are.

Lets face it, its a bit ****ing rich for a man who hired a holocaust denier to work for his paper on some nazi diaries to be having a go at theLabour Party for being anti Semitic.
    No, it's deliberate and cynical whataboutery that utterly ignores context and intent on Neil's part in doing that in order to deflect from the antisemitism of the Labour Party. Nobody in their right mind thinks Neil is in any sense an anti-semite and he made it clear at the time that he was using Irving very reluctantly because he possessed the technical wherewithal to do what was needed.
    If you disagree with that judgement call, that's fine, but it in no way undermines Neil's ability to point out and criticise anti-semitism. Jones is purely interested in smearing an opponent - nothing more.

No, it's deliberate and cynical whataboutery that utterly ignores context and intent on Neil's part in doing that in order to deflect from the antisemitism of the Labour Party. Nobody in their right mind thinks Neil is in any sense an anti-semite and he made it clear at the time that he was using Irving very reluctantly because he possessed the technical wherewithal to do what was needed.
    If you disagree with that judgement call, that's fine, but it in no way undermines Neil's ability to point out and criticise anti-semitism. Jones is purely interested in smearing an opponent - nothing more.
    Hiring the most famous holocaust denier in Britain to research a piece on Nazi material for an established national newspaper is a 'judgement call'?? You are damn right it is, and a pretty ****ing awful one.

Its absurd to suggest that this isnt relevant when you start throwing the stones of anti semitism at other people.

When Corbyn has a beer with someone from the IRA he is a terrorist. When Neil works with holocaust deniers he is simply a brilliant editor.

Bull****.

Of course this is smearing an opponent but that does NOT mean he doesnt have a point. and the smearing is not ofNeil as such but the BBC and wider media in general. Which is a bit ****ty....

Hiring the most famous holocaust denier in Britain to research a piece on Nazi material for an established national newspaper is a 'judgement call'?? You are damn right it is, and a pretty ****ing awful one.

Its absurd to suggest that this isnt relevant when you start throwing the stones of anti semitism at other people.

When Corbyn has a beer with someone from the IRA he is a terrorist. When Neil works with holocaust deniers he is simply a brilliant editor.

Bull****.

Of course this is smearing an opponent but that does NOT mean he doesnt have a point. and the smearing is not ofNeil as such but the BBC and wider media in general. Which is a bit ****ty....
    Utter fúcking bóllocks.

The Labour Party contains, endorses, promotes and nurtures anti-semites from top to bottom. It’s riddled with them and the rot starts at the head.

That simply isn’t comparable to Neil hiring a qualified person with whom he explicitly disagreed and whose views he condemned AT THE TIME to do a certain job. You can argue he was wrong to do that, but you absolutely cannot say it disqualifies him on any level from highlighting and attacking anti-semitism now.

Anyway, the suggestion that the BBC is in any way right leaning is fûcking delusional and anyone spouting such drivel deserves contempt and ridicule.

Utter fúcking bóllocks.

The Labour Party contains, endorses, promotes and nurtures anti-semites from top to bottom. It’s riddled with them and the rot starts at the head.

That simply isn’t comparable to Neil hiring a qualified person with whom he explicitly disagreed and whose views he condemned AT THE TIME to do a certain job. You can argue he was wrong to do that, but you absolutely cannot say it disqualifies him on any level from highlighting and attacking anti-semitism now.

Anyway, the suggestion that the BBC is in any way right leaning is fûcking delusional and anyone spouting such drivel deserves contempt and ridicule.
    Its funny how you are soooooo ****ing furious over anti-semitism but happy to parade your hatred of Muslims. Not that I would ever accuse you of simply wanting to smear an opponent or anything.

I have no problem with Neil whatsoever. I haven't problem with him working for the BBC. He's engaging and very watchable. However- using Irving was a dreadful judgement.. There were plenty of historians better qualified to do that work ( I know of at least three personally) and on whose judgement you could more safely rest.

And I am sorry, but you are either judged by the company you keep or you aren't. If Corbyn's friends taint him then Neil is linked to Irving and shall be forever more.

Your description of anti-semitism in the Labour Party is so off the charts crazy I cant even decide how to respond. This will need some thought.

Its funny how you are soooooo ****ing furious over anti-semitism but happy to parade your hatred of Muslims. Not that I would ever accuse you of simply wanting to smear an opponent or anything.

I have no problem with Neil whatsoever. I haven't problem with him working for the BBC. He's engaging and very watchable. However- using Irving was a dreadful judgement.. There were plenty of historians better qualified to do that work ( I know of at least three personally) and on whose judgement you could more safely rest.

And I am sorry, but you are either judged by the company you keep or you aren't. If Corbyn's friends taint him then Neil is linked to Irving and shall be forever more.

Your description of anti-semitism in the Labour Party is so off the charts crazy I cant even decide how to respond. This will need some thought.
    In short, the Labour party isn't a seething hotbed of jew-hating, but even if it is, whatabout your Islamophobia and whatabout David Irving and whatabout that squirrel!

I don't hate muslims. I absolutely despise their religion and regard it as utterly incompatible with a civilised country, but I don't hate them as individuals.

As for the rest of it, Corbyn seeks out anti-semites and terrorists as 'friends'. Neil once hired one in a business arrangement. Many Jews believe Corbyn to be an anti-semite. None believe Neil to be one.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.