Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil and Squeaking Little Shít Owen Jones should settle this like men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Neil will kick his **** in.

I'd pay anything, anything at all, to watch Jones getting battered. Imagine that smug face with rivers of tears, blood and snot pouring down it

Back in 5.
    Quick question, and I don't mean this in any way argumentative or antagonistic - but why do you allow journalists to annoy you or wind you up so much?

Can't you just you know, ignore them, not read them or whatever.

That really is quite a remarkable article. After you extract yourself from the endless rhetoric and unsupported statements (like 'Our press overwhelmingly supports the Tories and is intolerant of even mild deviations from rightwing orthodoxy.', as an example) you realize that the point he is making is that someone cannot do his job effectively because he holds views that I don't agree with.

And he's a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quick question, and I don't mean this in any way argumentative or antagonistic - but why do you allow journalists to annoy you or wind you up so much?

Can't you just you know, ignore them, not read them or whatever.
    Politics matters, because we all luve with the consequences. The fellow in question peddles a line which is clearly appealing to the weak-minded, the lazy and the feckless (what he call 'Labour voters') and he could potentially be partly responsible for this country and its once-proud inhabitants being crushed under the merciless heel of a McDonnell-led communist dictatorship.

It's important stuff, sw. Our freedom is worth fighting for.

Politics matters, because we all luve with the consequences. The fellow in question peddles a line which is clearly appealing to the weak-minded, the lazy and the feckless (what he call 'Labour voters') and he could potentially be partly responsible for this country and its once-proud inhabitants being crushed under the merciless heel of a McDonnell-led communist dictatorship.

The video of him storming off of Sky news over the Miami shootings in the gay club is always good for a laugh. I honestly think he felt he had the moral high ground and was making himself a martyr as he stormed out.

Talk about divorced from reality.

He has a point and the right to make it. Why such a big hissy fit?

Using David Irving was a bit much, although he would have been considered one of the foremost authorities on the subject at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The video of him storming off of Sky news over the Miami shootings in the gay club is always good for a laugh. I honestly think he felt he had the moral high ground and was making himself a martyr as he stormed out.

Talk about divorced from reality.
    I thought he looked and sounded p1ssed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Using David Irving was a bit much, although he would have been considered one of the foremost authorities on the subject at the time.
    Tim Montgomerie just summed it up rather nicely:

"The Corbyn Left’s intolerance of alternative views is already unattractive - in opposition. Could become dangerously unhealthy if ends up in power. (Always true of ppl with absolutist sense of their moral superiority)."

These people are dangerous.

Fair enough but I have always given politics the full swerve, indicators on, the lot. Though technically that would be overtaking and not swerving.

A factor of having grown up in NI and the nonsense political landscape there.

Tim Montgomerie just summed it up rather nicely:

"The Corbyn Left’s intolerance of alternative views is already unattractive - in opposition. Could become dangerously unhealthy if ends up in power. (Always true of ppl with absolutist sense of their moral superiority)."

These people are dangerous.
    The issue is more the BBC insist it? We have an unrealistic expectation of objectivity when it comes to the BBC which tends to demand either fake neutrality or centrist consensus- which is, of itself, a clear form of bias.

It would be tough to find a journalist to host a political show on TV who didnt have a background on one side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

The fuss is because this is an explicit and concerted attempt to remove a journalist from a role not because of how he does his job, but because of who he is and personal views he may hold. We are essentially being told that the possession of certain political ideas makes one unsuitable for a role with the state broadcaster. It's a straight-up authoritarian move by Jones at the behest of his masters.