Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil and Squeaking Little Shít Owen Jones should settle this like men.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It was the War wot done it, imo. After all, who could continue to support and promote a culture that had led to that. Nothing mattered anymore.

So any and all the silly ideas that would ordinarily have been roundly rejected as the foolishnesses of youth and lunacy suddenly began to gain real traction and acceptance. The adults lost their *******s completely and simply couldn't preach good old-fashioned common sense anymore.

War is a good business but it's dirty and certainly not for everyone. You have to do it right.
    Certainly the war led to a collective loss of confidence in the superiority of our culture that has caused us to pretend other, manifestly inferior cultures should be given their head.
    Utter madness, of course. Like the school genius suffering a breakdown that leads him to conclude that he should take instruction from the thickest kids in the remedial class.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You make it sound like changing your choice of tea bags.

A Muslim lad might reject all the traditions of his religion and come for a beer but he is still a Muslim. is he supposed to formally reject his cultural upbringing and his family, renounce his religion and declare himself devoid of god? Or is it ok to just be 'not very muslim' in his behaviour?

When I refused monty a job you discussed him being secular and effectively 'less jewish' than your full on ones. So you can be more or less jewish? Can you not see how that isn't a flat line, in or out?
    I didn't say it was simple. But it's perfectly possible, there is no legal obstacle to it and - unlike race - is a matter over which you have choice. If you decide not to make that choice, that's fine. But you must accept that there may be negative consequences to that decision.

Besides, it's not this society's job to make it simple. It's the job of the individual to adapt to society, not the other way around. Thinking it is society's job to adapt is what has dropped us in the sh1t.

Oh, one certainly does, I reckon. After all, nobody would describe me as "black" if it were not for the colour of my skin.
    Sure, but for some people, the colour of your skin will be enough for them to hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Certainly the war led to a collective loss of confidence in the superiority of our culture that has caused us to pretend other, manifestly inferior cultures should be given their head.
    Utter madness, of course. Like the school genius suffering a breakdown that leads him to conclude that he should take instruction from the thickest kids in the remedial class.
    Interestingly, same for the winners and the losers alike. I suppose it's all very well marching off to the front for a jolly with the lads, but having done all that and seen all that, and then returning home to face your wife and family and friends, knowing what you have also made them see and do and see done is a different circle of hell altogether.

Frankly, we bottled it, couldn't look each other in the eye anymore. And basically, we've been hiding from each other ever since.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Sure, but for some people, the colour of your skin will be enough for them to hate you.
    Right, but equally, if that's the best they can do, I win; that makes me a pretty good man.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Interestingly, same for the winners and the losers alike. I suppose it's all very well marching off to the front for a jolly with the lads, but having done all that and seen all that, and then returning home to face your wife and family and friends, knowing what you have also made them see and do and see done is a different circle of hell altogether.

Frankly, we bottled it, couldn't look each other in the eye anymore. And basically, we've been hiding from each other ever since.
    And of course - and let us never, ever forget this - it is all entirely the fault of the fvcking Germans. They've basically fvcked everything.

Regards to your good lady wife.

^^^^

Beautiful
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

(for Redgunamo)
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I didn't say it was simple. But it's perfectly possible, there is no legal obstacle to it and - unlike race - is a matter over which you have choice. If you decide not to make that choice, that's fine. But you must accept that there may be negative consequences to that decision.

Besides, it's not this society's job to make it simple. It's the job of the individual to adapt to society, not the other way around. Thinking it is society's job to adapt is what has dropped us in the sh1t.
    So Karl Marx was jewish, right? No matter how many times he renounced it, no matter how he identified. He remained jewish until he died?

I didnt want to make it societies job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So Karl Marx was jewish, right? No matter how many times he renounced it, no matter how he identified. He remained jewish until he died?

I didnt want to make it societies job.
    Of course not. He had Jewish blood, though - just as I have Irish blood. You can't renounce your ethnic heritage - no matter how embarrassing and however much one might like to.