Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil and Squeaking Little Shít Owen Jones should settle this like men.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am not doing that, b. I have asked why it is ok to discriminate against one person on the grounds of religion but not another on the grounds of race. I am not trying to cast your anti-muslimism as racism.
    Because religion is a set of beliefs one voluntarily adopts and espouses, while race is something over which one has no control.

I really can't state it more simply than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Indeed. On the one hand we have: Self-ghettoised communities leading to massive social divides; an undermining of the education and legal systems; systemic discrimination against women and gays; a massive rise in anti-semitism; cousin marriage; honour killings; mass sexual exploitation of white, working class girls; FGM, radicalisation; electoral fraud; restriction of free speech through threat and home-grown terrorism.

On the other hand we have curry and a variety of kebabs.

Tricky one.
    There you are then, you've only yourselves to blame. Insisting on "authentic" ethnic cuisine was always going to be the thin end of the wedge.

People will have supported most, probably even all, of that stuff at some point. Arguing that it is now a real problem simply because it's Islams doing it too is always going to be tricky.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There you are then, you've only yourselves to blame. Insisting on "authentic" ethnic cuisine was always going to be the thin end of the wedge.

People will have supported most, probably even all, of that stuff at some point. Arguing that it is now a real problem simply because it's Islams doing it too is always going to be tricky.
    Oh, there's no disputing that it's all our doing - or at least that of our leaders. We as a society have been in the process of committing cultural suicide for most of my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be vetted on their beliefs, for the reasons you state.
    Ah ok, I guess I misunderstood. So you don't want to vet Muslim immigrants in any way then?

Excellent.

Oh, there's no disputing that it's all our doing - or at least that of our leaders. We as a society have been in the process of committing cultural suicide for most of my lifetime.
    And yet the country seems like an awfully nice place to live. Which makes me think that many of your complaints are much ado about nothing?

Because religion is a set of beliefs one voluntarily adopts and espouses, while race is something over which one has no control.

I really can't state it more simply than that.
    That isnt really true though, is it. Someone is born muslim because their parents are muslim. Similarly one is born jewish because their parents are. What one does with that birthright is up to the individual.

It becomes even more muddled with the jews because they are both a race and a religion.

I am sorry, I just dont see the grand distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And yet the country seems like an awfully nice place to live. Which makes me think that many of your complaints are much ado about nothing?
    Bits of it are, certainly. Mostly the bits in which there hasn't been large-scale muslim immigration. Funny that.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if you lived in - for instance - Rotherham, Rochdale, Bradford, Tower Hamlets, Leicester or Luton?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That isnt really true though, is it. Someone is born muslim because their parents are muslim. Similarly one is born jewish because their parents are. What one does with that birthright is up to the individual.

It becomes even more muddled with the jews because they are both a race and a religion.

I am sorry, I just dont see the grand distinction.
    Because - regardless of upbringing - one still has agency over one's beliefs. One has no agency over one's ethnicity.

This really isn't that hard to get, p.

Bits of it are, certainly. Mostly the bits in which there hasn't been large-scale muslim immigration. Funny that.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if you lived in - for instance - Rotherham, Rochdale, Bradford, Tower Hamlets, Leicester or Luton?
    Not once has my daughter been groomed by a Muslim rape gang - what’s the problem?

Of course I do. Just not based on their beliefs because that is unworkable and also against our important principles of religious freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ah ok, I guess I misunderstood. So you don't want to vet Muslim immigrants in any way then?

Excellent.