Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: You can always tell armed conflict's in the offing when you see economic illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You weren't there, man.
    Neither were you. Not when it mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    tweets/Facebook posts from people saying how much missiles cost and how many homelesses could be put up or nurses or teachers employed with that money, etc, etc.

The fact that those missiles are in many cases designed and built in the UK by companies employing thousands and paying untold millions in UK tax revenues that then get spent on homelesses, nurses, teachers, etc, etc is of course a bit too complicated for their tiny fvcking brains.

It really is amazing how many people still appear to think that capital expenditure at a macro level is a zero sum game.
    Yeah right man! And here's another thing: the money generated by these weapons of war create a new generation of radicals. Case in point, the Black Panther Party. The reason those cats felt able to act on their whims is that they grew up moderately well off. How? Because their parents had gotten jobs in defense industry manufacturing in the 40s and 50s.

So, if you want to see the world explode, liberals, endorse military spending. The cracked out renegades of tomorrow will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's right. Also, the conversations I have had with Vietnamese people over the course of multiple visits to Vietnam are entirely meaningless. Yes. Even the ones with guys who fought with ARVN and were subsequently despatched to re-education camps.

All meaningless because you saw a documentary on Sky and remembered 12% of the information.
    Um, I would not necessarily brag about my sex tourist escapades if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And mine to property prices inLondon. THank god for Russian oligarchs

I have similar conditions to you but I would rather the market be depressed for a while otherwise my inheritance tax bill will force me to sell a property
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman