Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm fairly sure this is nonsense - someone just had a bet to get the phrase

I'm fairly sure this is nonsense - someone just had a bet to get the phrase

"time passes very slowly when you're in a hippo's mouth" into the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...wed-by-a-hippo

I mean if a hippo wants to kill, he is unlikely to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

I like the idea of a hippo 'going into hiding' Did he pop on a wig, a pair of glasses and a false beard, do we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like the idea of a hippo 'going into hiding' Did he pop on a wig, a pair of glasses and a false beard, do we think?
    Yes, I liked that. Imagine the Fotofit image. Definitely my favourite thing on the Guardian for some time

The hippo will snap you in two without a moment of hesitiation. An incredibly dangerous beast.

However, when it defecates, he will spin his tail around in order to spread it about. It's highly amusing imho.

Yes, I liked that. Imagine the Fotofit image. Definitely my favourite thing on the Guardian for some time
    Make no mistake about it, though: if comments were opened on that, they'd be full of people saying he deserved to be mangled by a hippo for being a rich white man exploiting the resources of Africa, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The hippo will snap you in two without a moment of hesitiation. An incredibly dangerous beast.

However, when it defecates, he will spin his tail around in order to spread it about. It's highly amusing imho.
    They do seem remarkably grumpy. Has no-one told them to fvcking chill?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They do seem remarkably grumpy. Has no-one told them to fvcking chill?
    Ah, they just like to have their own way, that's all. I'd go for cantankerous rather than grumpy. Did you know that the hippo's closest relative is the whale? Amazing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ah, they just like to have their own way, that's all. I'd go for cantankerous rather than grumpy. Did you know that the hippo's closest relative is the whale? Amazing, right?
    Cantankerous? I'd say they're proper cvnts. Whales aren't cvnts like that. Apart from Moby Dick...and that lad who kept drowning his trainers at SeaWorld.