Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC- proper rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not for me though I can appreciate the somewhat prolonged and dramatic opening of Hells Bells.
    It's the 70's school stigma attachment for me. Let's face it, anyone into that sort of noise was brill at maths and physics.. On the flip side, they were also socially awkward, nerdy, and largely considered weird by the top babes in the year; so never really got a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It's the 70's school stigma attachment for me. Let's face it, anyone into that sort of noise was brill at maths and physics.. On the flip side, they were also socially awkward, nerdy, and largely considered weird by the top babes in the year; so never really got a look in.
    Back in Black has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide and is the second biggest selling album of all time.

I think it is safe to say that the appeal has broadened beyond a few geeks who were good at maths.

That said, you have a point

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Back in Black has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide and is the second biggest selling album of all time.

I think it is safe to say that the appeal has broadened beyond a few geeks who were good at maths.

That said, you have a point
    I loved AC DC when I was 17.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I loved AC DC when I was 17.
    And it turns out you were right to do so.

How is your maths?

And it turns out you were right to do so.

How is your maths?
    I have a degree in nuclear physics.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I have a degree in nuclear physics.
    Textbook

Did you have AC/DC written on your lab coat?

Textbook

Did you have AC/DC written on your lab coat?
    Probably Rush imo.

I saw Rush once.

Probably Rush imo.

I saw Rush once.

Really?

You will be quite well versed in Ac/Dc I would imagine. THey were an almost constant presence on the jukebox in the Queen's Head in Tunrpike Lane. I pretty much got to kn ow that album from drinking in there.

Really?

You will be quite well versed in Ac/Dc I would imagine. THey were an almost constant presence on the jukebox in the Queen's Head in Tunrpike Lane. I pretty much got to kn ow that album from drinking in there.
    Yes, I had 2 older brothers who were very much steeped in “rock” so it would have been a constant factor in my youth – Lizzy, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Rainbow, Rush and then lesser lights such as Blackfoot, Molly Hatchett.

The Rush exposure came not long after I moved to London in 87 and was living in Finchley Central, they were playing Wembley Arena and I went along with another lad I lived with, him a fan and me just being kind.

It was a truly awful venue from memory and in general a long evening.

Queens Head would have had a lot of AC/DC as you say and I seem to recall a lot of Metallica and Faith No More.

Yes, I had 2 older brothers who were very much steeped in “rock” so it would have been a constant factor in my youth – Lizzy, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Rainbow, Rush and then lesser lights such as Blackfoot, Molly Hatchett.

The Rush exposure came not long after I moved to London in 87 and was living in Finchley Central, they were playing Wembley Arena and I went along with another lad I lived with, him a fan and me just being kind.

It was a truly awful venue from memory and in general a long evening.

Queens Head would have had a lot of AC/DC as you say and I seem to recall a lot of Metallica and Faith No More.
    Wembley Arena isnt great. THe onlyoneI have been to thatis worse is probably Earls Court. Oh, and HydePark is a complete waste of time as you can't hear a thing.

Queens Headwas a rock boozer. They used to have a band in there most weekends that did almost exclusively DeepPurple covers. They werent bad....