Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shall I sign up for some sort of Sky/Virgin/Etc package

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Riing up all 3 and ask for the best full package including broadband and then play one off against the other until you get the deal you want.

I have of course not done this and currently pay £92 for full Sky Q and £110 for BT Broadband (incl BT Sports HD & Mobile phone)
    This ploy is all simply anecdotal hearsay and never actually works. It is the classic “I have a mate who …… “.

I called them a while back and said I was leaving because of costs. He tried to sell me a full price upgrade to Sky Q and then finished off with asking me to confirm a date of cancellation.

You may be offered a small reduction in set-up costs however after a period of a few months the prices all go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Welcome to my laboratory, where safety is number one priority!"

I like Hugo the husky best.
    I will buy some of that Flex seal tape.

And I like the word Gadgics

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I will buy some of that Flex seal tape.

And I like the word Gadgics
    "This is one of the most unique prrraducks on Amazon."

"You just grrrrab it and put a bunch of of stuff in there."

The man is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This ploy is all simply anecdotal hearsay and never actually works. It is the classic “I have a mate who …… “.

I called them a while back and said I was leaving because of costs. He tried to sell me a full price upgrade to Sky Q and then finished off with asking me to confirm a date of cancellation.

You may be offered a small reduction in set-up costs however after a period of a few months the prices all go up.
    A lot easier if you're a new customer with no affiliation, most of these sales people will be targeted on getting new sign ups rather than on retention.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    A lot easier if you're a new customer with no affiliation, most of these sales people will be targeted on getting new sign ups rather than on retention.
    I concur, should be illegal really.

One of the banks here announced a cut in interest rates yesterday so loads of people went Huzzah! and then it became clear that exisiting customers could fúck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I concur, should be illegal really.

One of the banks here announced a cut in interest rates yesterday so loads of people went Huzzah! and then it became clear that exisiting customers could fúck off.
    If it's available to new customers, it should also be available to existing, especially if you're out of contract.