Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How full of drugs must Flo Jo have been back in 1988?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It's not really that simple is it? We also don't know what particular range of cocktails she used? As PSRB said, her record is farcical.
    If everyone was doing it, then one person still stands above the rest. This may be an unfashionable opinion, but I'm committed to it. Yes, Barry Bonds was far and away the best player of his era. And yes, prior eras did stuff to get an edge, such as speed. Mike Schmidt on the Phillies, yadda yadda. I'm sure there's a lot of crap current athletes do to gain an edge, even when it's not detectable drugs. We will gain an understanding of it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's a 2.5% reduction in time from the previous world record, quite remarkable.

Mind you, if you only look at times for athletes who have not been found guilty of doping, Usain Bolt's record time is a 2.2% reduction which you could argue is even more *remarkable*.
    Bolt is a bit of a physical freak though.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    If everyone was doing it, then one person still stands above the rest. This may be an unfashionable opinion, but I'm committed to it. Yes, Barry Bonds was far and away the best player of his era. And yes, prior eras did stuff to get an edge, such as speed. Mike Schmidt on the Phillies, yadda yadda. I'm sure there's a lot of crap current athletes do to gain an edge, even when it's not detectable drugs. We will gain an understanding of it after the fact.
    I take your point. I think in bb there were a lot of people doing it, I'm not convinced it was the same in athletics. There's also the consideration of how the enhancing drug affects the individual. Flo-Jo seems to have gotten a particular big boost.

I take your point. I think in bb there were a lot of people doing it, I'm not convinced it was the same in athletics. There's also the consideration of how the enhancing drug affects the individual. Flo-Jo seems to have gotten a particular big boost.
    What I want to know, who are all these white b!tches in Seoul in 1988.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqRN_8Scq1s

Pretty fast though, I suppose.

Her stamina is insane, everyone slows down in the second half of the 100m. Not her.

Of course not as such as say, Caster Semenya....

He was once he hit the juice. Prior to that he was a tall, skinny 400m runner - largely because of his height.

A 23 minute video for a 10 second race? C'mon man!