Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: glw away tonight. I've got some pork belly, was going to make me some sweet banh mi.

glw away tonight. I've got some pork belly, was going to make me some sweet banh mi.

However, I lack suitable bread. I have therefore decided to substitute chips for bread in my new creation, a sort of fusion banh mi / poutine mash up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    However, I lack suitable bread. I have therefore decided to substitute chips for bread in my new creation, a sort of fusion banh mi / poutine mash up.
    Hong Shao Ru? Or are you doing it another way?

[QUOTE=Sir C;4204842]However, I lack suitable bread. I have therefore decided to substitute chips for bread in my new creation, a sort of fusion banh mi / poutine mash up.[/QUOTE]

Or pork belly and chips?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hong Shao Ru? Or are you doing it another way?
    Yes, I thought I'd make a bed of chips, then layer on the hong shao ru and associated juice, another layer of chips, then the pickled carrots, onions and coriander, topped with mayonnaise.

I'm going to die, aren't I?

[QUOTE=SWv2;4204845]
    However, I lack suitable bread. I have therefore decided to substitute chips for bread in my new creation, a sort of fusion banh mi / poutine mash up.[/QUOTE]

Or pork belly and chips?
    Far from it, sw. It will contain all the elements of a banh mi save the bread.

Yes, I thought I'd make a bed of chips, then layer on the hong shao ru and associated juice, another layer of chips, then the pickled carrots, onions and coriander, topped with mayonnaise.

I'm going to die, aren't I?
    It sounds a bit insane. The vegetables and the chips are incongruous bedfellows. Surely you will simply have soggy chips?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It sounds a bit insane. The vegetables and the chips are incongruous bedfellows. Surely you will simply have soggy chips?
    Perhaps. It's a chance I'm prepared to take. Chaps out here on the culinary edge must live a little dangerously, so that we may make new discoveries to hand down to the likes of you, living your warm, safe, comfortable lives.

Consider also the effect of crunchy pickled vegetables on chips. Chips? With crunch? And vinegar? HOW BAD IS THAT?

Perhaps. It's a chance I'm prepared to take. Chaps out here on the culinary edge must live a little dangerously, so that we may make new discoveries to hand down to the likes of you, living your warm, safe, comfortable lives.

Consider also the effect of crunchy pickled vegetables on chips. Chips? With crunch? And vinegar? HOW BAD IS THAT?
    I can see that you're hoping for a sort of patatje oorlog thing, but with bits of pork. I just don't want all the pickle juice to make it go wrong for you.

Are you able to make decent chips?

I'm assuming that you have a deep fat fryer?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

[QUOTE=SWv2;4204845]
    However, I lack suitable bread. I have therefore decided to substitute chips for bread in my new creation, a sort of fusion banh mi / poutine mash up.[/QUOTE]

Or pork belly and chips?

Or simply bacon and chips?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman