Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Here we see The Market operating as advertised, b. Bruce Springsteen used to play lengthy sets which sometimes included reworked versions of some of his songs, but since you refused to attend he has amended his ways and now just plays everything exactly the same way as on the record.

wd b.
    Apart from Thunder ****ing Road, obviously.........

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I went along to see Neil Young a few years back and there was nearly an uprising as he didn't play Harvest or whatever specific album people wanted to hear, despite the gig being very clearly labelled as being him and Crazy Horse.

There was letters to the Irish Times and all I think.
    At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.

Here we see The Market operating as advertised, b. Bruce Springsteen used to play lengthy sets which sometimes included reworked versions of some of his songs, but since you refused to attend he has amended his ways and now just plays everything exactly the same way as on the record.

wd b.
    Be that as it may, the bond of trust with me is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Fair point. I love Dylan but have never been terribly interested in seeing him live. My regret is never seeing Leonard Cohen live.
    I saw him a year or so ago. Now I'm far from the world's greatest Dylan fan, but, you know, it was Bob fúcking Dylan. Wearing a dude suit and a fúck off hat. With a really tight band.

It's a rock n roll show dude. Whaddya want?

I saw him a year or so ago. Now I'm far from the world's greatest Dylan fan, but, you know, it was Bob fúcking Dylan. Wearing a dude suit and a fúck off hat. With a really tight band.

It's a rock n roll show dude. Whaddya want?
    I want Dylan from the late60s/early 70s and I cant have it. Its never going to be the same as the real thing at the time. With Springsteen it doesnt matter. With others, it kind of does.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Be that as it may, the bond of trust with me is broken.
    Yes, that unspoken bond between. You and an artist you don't like

At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.
    Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.

Yes, that unspoken bond between. You and an artist you don't like
    I wouldn't say I don't like him. Just that I can't see what the fuss is about.

Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.
    Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.

Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.
    Oh no. More like going to a restaurant with no permanent menu, only daily specials. The excitement of not knowing what they will have.....