Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Stephen Maturin was very forgiving of pederasty as I recall.
    I think Stephen had a certain sympathy for chaps who engaged in unnatural acts with other chaps; quite how he'd feel about Freddie preying on the desperate children who used to roller skate up and down the streets around his house wearing satin hotpants, I'm not so sure.

Yes, I witnessed these roller skaters. No, I did not skate. I didn't have the bum for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think Stephen had a certain sympathy for chaps who engaged in unnatural acts with other chaps; quite how he'd feel about Freddie preying on the desperate children who used to roller skate up and down the streets around his house wearing satin hotpants, I'm not so sure.

Yes, I witnessed these roller skaters. No, I did not skate. I didn't have the bum for it.
    I'd say that if you roller skate up and down outside Freddie Mercury's house wearing satin hotpants you are pretty much asking to be preyed upon, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Lots of lyrics regarding mod attire which I assume would interest you to some extent. I dont really understand it but I am sure it was all very exciting for the lads themselves.
    As a teenage Mod I was of course slightly obsessed with it and would not like to hazard a guess how many times we watched it.

The soundtrack is of course a fine album but should not be confused with the actual album.

I bought an excellent CD just a few weeks ago, Jazz on the Corner, a double compilation CD of tunes spanning genres. I would recommend it but I suspect you are too blinkered and narrow minded.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As a teenage Mod I was of course slightly obsessed with it and would not like to hazard a guess how many times we watched it.

The soundtrack is of course a fine album but should not be confused with the actual album.

I bought an excellent CD just a few weeks ago, Jazz on the Corner, a double compilation CD of tunes spanning genres. I would recommend it but I suspect you are too blinkered and narrow minded.
    Indeed, sw. I'm sure p is happy for you to be the only genre-spanner on AWIMB.

I'd say that if you roller skate up and down outside Freddie Mercury's house wearing satin hotpants you are pretty much asking to be preyed upon, tbf.
    Kiddies, b. They were just kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Would it help if I told you there was a song about rape?

I wasn't expecting to like it (and I dont much care for The Who) but it is really very good....
    A song about rape? Is it pro or con?

Kiddies, b. They were just kiddies.
    How young would you say?

How young would you say?
    Hmm, well it was 30-odd years ago, it was dark and I was disposed to hate La Mercury anyway, so my recollection would be, maybe 7 tops.

Hmm, well it was 30-odd years ago, it was dark and I was disposed to hate La Mercury anyway, so my recollection would be, maybe 7 tops.
    30 years ago you would have been 23, not 7.

Well that wouldn't be pederasty, that would be nonceing. There is a subtle, but important difference.

Why were 7 year-olds wearing satin hotpants?