Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it? I've watched the film many times, but can't remember a memorable song.
    It's pompous, bloated nonsense.

THe film is good but doesnt capture the music. You need the original album (NOT the soundtrack). A full double album, and its brilliant, thus disproving your rule

Last time I read something by her, she seemed to be claiming to be Jewish despite not being in any way Jewish.

I didn't know about the drinking.
    Last I heard she was claiming to be content with her alcoholism.

But then, aren't we all?

The movie has a different soundtrack to the original Who record.

Still, 5:15 and Love Reign ....

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Because they are Irish?
    To misquote the Pogues, 'for being Irish in the right place and at the right time'.....

I think U2 are ok, at times pretty good. I genuinely dont get the adoration at all. Same with the Foo Fighters- they sound like a house band in your local boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The problem with Queen isn't that they're overrated, it's that they produced a catalogue of pure, unmitigated, hideous, steaming liquid shíte and were fronted by a filthy predatory pederast who delighted in fúcking underage boys, yet is worshipped as some sort of god.

I find it all very confusing.
    Stephen Maturin was very forgiving of pederasty as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh certainly. But it's no reflection on a band to call them overrated. Overrating is the mistake made by others about the band, not the band's mistake.
    I agree. Of course, a lot of the criticism Zeppelin get stems from their army of pompous, tosspot fans who like to tell people that virtually no other music matters BECAUSE of Zeppelin.

This does lead some people to suggest that Zeppelin were ****e when in fact they were not. I even had a chap tell me that Jimmy Page couldn't play the guitar. I mean, come on......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THe film is good but doesnt capture the music. You need the original album (NOT the soundtrack). A full double album, and its brilliant, thus disproving your rule
    I'm afraid I will have to not take your word for it, p. I'm too old to go around listening to double albums by ponderous, bloated rock dinosaurs - or anyone else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The movie has a different soundtrack to the original Who record.

Still, 5:15 and Love Reign ....
    Lots of lyrics regarding mod attire which I assume would interest you to some extent. I dont really understand it but I am sure it was all very exciting for the lads themselves.

I'm afraid I will have to not take your word for it, p. I'm too old to go around listening to double albums by ponderous, bloated rock dinosaurs - or anyone else for that matter.
    Would it help if I told you there was a song about rape?

I wasn't expecting to like it (and I dont much care for The Who) but it is really very good....