Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well that wouldn't be pederasty, that would be nonceing. There is a subtle, but important difference.

Why were 7 year-olds wearing satin hotpants?
    Look mate, shovelling your engorged glans into the back passage of a child is wrong, whichever fancy name you want to give the activity.

Obviously they weren't actually 6 or 7, I made that bit up because that wánker was a wánker, but they were young. Too young. Certainly under 25.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    30 years ago you would have been 23, not 7.
    Yes, and I wasn't getting boned by Mercury.

Have you followed this thread at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Look mate, shovelling your engorged glans into the back passage of a child is wrong, whichever fancy name you want to give the activity.

Obviously they weren't actually 6 or 7, I made that bit up because that wánker was a wánker, but they were young. Too young. Certainly under 25.
    Well the Greeks used to pop it between the greased thighs of the Ganymede in question. Inter-crural intercourse was the thing. Anal was strictly verboten.

A song about rape? Is it pro or con?
    Boastful and celebratory in tone. One must make up ones own mind whether the listener is intended to fall down on the side of the narrator.....

As a teenage Mod I was of course slightly obsessed with it and would not like to hazard a guess how many times we watched it.

The soundtrack is of course a fine album but should not be confused with the actual album.

I bought an excellent CD just a few weeks ago, Jazz on the Corner, a double compilation CD of tunes spanning genres. I would recommend it but I suspect you are too blinkered and narrow minded.
    One then wonders why you would bring it up......purely to belittle me in a pleasant conversation?

I might now listen to it and like it, purely to spite you

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Boastful and celebratory in tone. One must make up ones own mind whether the listener is intended to fall down on the side of the narrator.....
    This is the same band who included a quasi-comic song about a noncey uncle in Tommy, remember.

One then wonders why you would bring it up......purely to belittle me in a pleasant conversation?

I might now listen to it and like it, purely to spite you
    I have no wish to belittle you musically Pedro as we both sail different ships here.

It was merely a recommendation to try and brighten up your otherwise grey weekend. It is very rare I buy actual CDs as quite often they are free, so on the occasions I do I like to celebrate them.

Your tone has been noted.

I have no wish to belittle you musically Pedro as we both sail different ships here.

It was merely a recommendation to try and brighten up your otherwise grey weekend. It is very rare I buy actual CDs as quite often they are free, so on the occasions I do I like to celebrate them.

Your tone has been noted.
    Then let us return to common ground. I shall be going to see The Waterboys in Cambridge in a few weeks.

This is the same band who included a quasi-comic song about a noncey uncle in Tommy, remember.
    I do remember. This one includes the stealing of virginity, rape (not necessarily in the same instance), drugs, violence, drink and addresses the central theme of split personalities.

In short, a very well written song

Then let us return to common ground. I shall be going to see The Waterboys in Cambridge in a few weeks.
    Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in a live band. Loved them since the 1980's - saw them for the first time a couple of years back - they were utter shíte
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.