Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I will be making sausage rolls (homemade) for dinner

Tonight I will be making sausage rolls (homemade) for dinner

Not sure what to serve it with.

Any recommendations on what to serve with it?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post

Chips. Peas.

Are you making your sausage rolls out of puff pastry? Are you using the insides of good quality sausages, pepped up with some thyme and onion salt? If not, why not?

Surely a sausage toll is a simple item to be eaten from the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Chips. Peas.

Are you making your sausage rolls out of puff pastry? Are you using the insides of good quality sausages, pepped up with some thyme and onion salt? If not, why not?

The puff pastry is already in the fridge. I am using caramelised onion and herb sausages from the butcher.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The puff pastry is already in the fridge. I am using caramelised onion and herb sausages from the butcher.
    wd a. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely a sausage toll is a simple item to be eaten from the hand.
    It is an event in my household, sw. I just want to serve them with something to make a meal of it.

I had a sausage roll this morning (Greggs) I had a cup of tea with it.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

It is an event in my household, sw. I just want to serve them with something to make a meal of it.
    I am a big fan of the savoury item and wish you good luck in your endeavours.

For me their essence is their simplicity, almost the fact that you know they are not made from the finest meat available etc. They should also be your basic banger, none of this herbed nonsense. If I wanted a herbed sausage I would be gay, and good luck to them also.

Then you have your caramelised onions, you are now into borderline Nigel Slater territory.

If Monty and his Mrs were to eat a sausage roll, which he wouldn’t of course, they would east such sausage rolls.

I am kind of reading between the lines here and yours suggest a knife and fork? Wrong un.

For me their essence is their simplicity, almost the fact that you know they are not made from the finest meat available etc. They should also be your basic banger, none of this herbed nonsense. If I wanted a herbed sausage I would be gay, and good luck to them also.

Then you have your caramelised onions, you are now into borderline Nigel Slater territory.

If Monty and his Mrs were to eat a sausage roll, which he wouldn’t of course, they would east such sausage rolls.

I am kind of reading between the lines here and yours suggest a knife and fork? Wrong un.

I take umbrage with your suggestions that we will be using a knife and fork, sw.

I am also insulted that you are comparing my eating habits to something a kin to Monty.

The rest is pretty accurate.

I have to say I largely agree here.