Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Aaron Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mind you, if they'd had anyone who could finish, it could have been 4-4.
    Indeed, the first half, or first 20-30 minutes were quite the “fúck me this could end up 4-4” type of thing.

Thankfully we got a (rather fortuitous imho) penalty to calm the fúck down after they equalised and should really then have gone ahead.

Like it was a penalty but you can’t help but think that MO was falling over anyway before the tackle. You know the way when you have had 7-8 pints and you hit a stumble, it is almost slow motion and you do what you can to stop it, but you are going to go over.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, the first half, or first 20-30 minutes were quite the “fúck me this could end up 4-4” type of thing.

Thankfully we got a (rather fortuitous imho) penalty to calm the fúck down after they equalised and should really then have gone ahead.

Like it was a penalty but you can’t help but think that MO was falling over anyway before the tackle. You know the way when you have had 7-8 pints and you hit a stumble, it is almost slow motion and you do what you can to stop it, but you are going to go over.
    He was off balance and I don't think he would have been able to score as a result. Given which, it was decent of the defender to foul him obviously and clumsily and ensure we got a pen.

He was off balance and I don't think he would have been able to score as a result. Given which, it was decent of the defender to foul him obviously and clumsily and ensure we got a pen.
    Given the defender was Russian, and the weight of evidence we have, can we assume the challenge was intended to kill him?

Given the defender was Russian, and the weight of evidence we have, can we assume the challenge was intended to kill him?

CSKA don't believe the Russian was even there and it was actually Jack Wilshere that fouled him

Jeremy Corbyn has already asserted that we shouldn't jump to conclusions about the provenance of the defender and that it's irresponsible war-mongering to suggest that he's Russian just because he's obviously Russian.

It seems to me that he's a very fine player of a certain type who suffers from fans' expectations that he should be another sort of player altogether.
    I dont think it is the fans' expectations so much as the manager's 'system'. Ramsey is clearly not suited to sitting in midfield and moving the ball around, or staying in position. Yet he is often given a role in the side where this is going to be expected of him. Or he is shoved on to the right.

Credit to Xhaka for actuallydropping deep last night and wanting the ball. Often the most noticeable thing in our possession is how static everyone is ahead of the backfour. Our possession frequently crosses the backfour once or twice and then drops back to the keeper because nobody is showing for the ball orcreating space ahead of them. Last night Xhaka was dropping back and sitting at an angle, offering a pass or creating space. Not rocket science, but it takes a midfielder who has the confidence to actually take the ball in that area.

Defensively we are still dog****

Jeremy Corbyn has already asserted that we shouldn't jump to conclusions about the provenance of the defender and that it's irresponsible war-mongering to suggest that he's Russian just because he's obviously Russian.
    JC is an Arsenal fan so will see through the Russian bit... TM asked which team was which
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Although MO was stumbling , I think he was clearly fouled as he neared the byline
    A bit like putting something half dead out of its misery
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Although MO was stumbling , I think he was clearly fouled as he neared the byline
    A bit like putting something half dead out of its misery
    Oh he was, no doubt about that.

Top class sides like Atletico won’t give our attackers the same space, time and freedom like they enjoyed last night imo

Lacazette’s 2nd go summed it up...got the ball with no defenders near him...they didn’t even attempt to close him down. Lacazette has all the time in the world to pick his spot and load his shot up.

Yet this is some sort of great goal and the player deserves a 10/10 for his performance

I believe this has been one of our many issues for some time that helps explain our PL and CL failures / capitulations.

I’ll give the players 10s when they beat Atletico 3nil in the final...not against a dog sh*t defence.