Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Aaron Ramsey.

Poor Aaron Ramsey.

Probably one of the best 20 midfield players in Europe, yet reviled by much of our fan base.

Without the tender ministrations of Shawcross, who knows what he might have become?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Probably one of the best 20 midfield players in Europe, yet reviled by much of our fan base.

Without the tender ministrations of Shawcross, who knows what he might have become?
    He's only reviled by WES and Withnail - and half of those people don't count. Should have had 5 last night though

It seems to me that he's a very fine player of a certain type who suffers from fans' expectations that he should be another sort of player altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It seems to me that he's a very fine player of a certain type who suffers from fans' expectations that he should be another sort of player altogether.
    Some of the curtains of fog have shifted slightly from the party the other week, revealing to me just how truly, deeply, outrageously and fundamentally píssed I got your Pa on Black Velvet.

wd me.

Might find out when he goes to another team if we don't offer him a new contract soon I think he is just the sort of player we should keep, needs the right sort of midfield players with him and not sure JW and GX are the correct combination
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Therein lies the issue and quite often the crux of the Canadian argument.

Last night he was playing in a system where he had two others generally operating in a midfield role and he was free to charge with utter abandon into the opposition area which is largely his game.

Stick him in a midfield duo, where perhaps for argument sake let’s say both have decided to abandon the concept of defending, then there is issues when he again charges with utter abandon into the opposition area and is found to be too far ahead of the ball when play breaks down.

There has been a recent marked improvement in discipline in this sense from the Swiss pass master, and for sure when Elneny plays he offers a platform to allow others to steam on.

When he is allowed that role, that freedom, he is peerless in the Premier League. Students of the game such as I and the German have known this for years.

Plus, speedy forwards and Golovin aside, the Russians were utter fúcking toilet.

Some of the curtains of fog have shifted slightly from the party the other week, revealing to me just how truly, deeply, outrageously and fundamentally píssed I got your Pa on Black Velvet.

wd me.
    Really? It wouldn't normally be his sort of thing. All in all, it sounds to me like it was a general debauch.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Last night he was playing in a system where he had two others generally operating in a midfield role and he was free to charge with utter abandon into the opposition area which is largely his game.

Stick him in a midfield duo, where perhaps for argument sake let’s say both have decided to abandon the concept of defending, then there is issues when he again charges with utter abandon into the opposition area and is found to be too far ahead of the ball when play breaks down.

There has been a recent marked improvement in discipline in this sense from the Swiss pass master, and for sure when Elneny plays he offers a platform to allow others to steam on.

When he is allowed that role, that freedom, he is peerless in the Premier League. Students of the game such as I and the German have known this for years.

Plus, speedy forwards and Golovin aside, the Russians were utter fúcking toilet.
    Musa is truly a Tony Daley for our time - scares the **** out of you with his pace and then has not a clue what to do with the ball. Hat-trick next week

Really? It wouldn't normally be his sort of thing. All in all, it sounds to me like it was a general debauch.
    He was mad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Mind you, if they'd had anyone who could finish, it could have been 4-4.