Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most underrated band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. There are no good songs about the boring old Union side. I’d definitely have been a keen Confederate. And not just because of the opportunities for whuppin’ slaves, drinking Mint Juleps and saying things like ‘Ah do declayuh..’ while wearing preposterous facial hair.
    I'm just picturing you in a Yosemite Sam outfit now - worrying thing is, I can see it suiting you

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, it has been my dubious pleasure to experience the humidity of Florida, and once the extreme heat of Nevada and Arizona. I suppose I'm really thinking of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, that sort of area, aren't I? Must get out there and take a peek sometime. I wonder if there's a Lynyrd Skynyrd memorial route one might follow.
    Funnily enough, Skynyrd werent from Alabama. They were from Florida.

Similarly, I think only one member of the The Band was from the South.

We have had a lot of talk of the Confederacy today, including Herb quoting Nathan Bedford Forrest...most encouraging.

By the way, the most underrated band by you is The Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Funnily enough, Skynyrd werent from Alabama. They were from Florida.

Similarly, I think only one member of the The Band was from the South.

We have had a lot of talk of the Confederacy today, including Herb quoting Nathan Bedford Forrest...most encouraging.

By the way, the most underrated band by you is The Stones.
    Jacksonville, yes. For some reason I'm thinking of Steve Gaines being from Oklahoma... could be wrong.

Surely Robbie and Levon are Canadian?

Maybe I've just got a blind spot when it comes to the Stones; I'm 53 now, nothing's going to change until, following the blessed release of sweet, sweet death, my flesh is turned to corruption and I pass beyond this suffering. Then you'll see a change.

Poor Ronnie.
    I was reading just last evening that LS are heading out on what will be a farewell tour.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was reading just last evening that LS are heading out on what will be a farewell tour.
    It's just not the same now. Johnny is no Ronnie, for starters.

Jacksonville, yes. For some reason I'm thinking of Steve Gaines being from Oklahoma... could be wrong.

Surely Robbie and Levon are Canadian?

Maybe I've just got a blind spot when it comes to the Stones; I'm 53 now, nothing's going to change until, following the blessed release of sweet, sweet death, my flesh is turned to corruption and I pass beyond this suffering. Then you'll see a change.
    Levon is from Arkansas- a southern boy.

I always though Dead Flowers could have been by The Band. A homage, perhaps?

Skynyrd were good but....... there is something missing there, somewhere. Something short of greatness.

Wyld Stallyns imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Wyld Stallyns imo
    I was watching that just the other day - still a great film

Easy. The Band.

Most underrated song of all time? The Band's 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', obviously.

This makes me thing of Skynyrd. This convinces me that The South will rise again.
    I have Music From Big Pink on vinyl, haven't played it in 25 years. Your post has just reminded me that I should chuck it in the bin
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Easy. The Band.

Most underrated song of all time? The Band's 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', obviously.

This makes me thing of Skynyrd. This convinces me that The South will rise again.
    The Monkees. Close thread imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'