Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most underrated band of all time?

Surprised nobody has stepped forward here to suggest The Style Council.

A brilliant band with some superb singles for public consumption yet a band maligned and in some places hated for no reason other than they weren't The Jam

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surprised nobody has stepped forward here to suggest The Style Council.

A brilliant band with some superb singles for public consumption yet a band maligned and in some places hated for no reason other than they weren't The Jam
    v funny SW. They were a bit shíte really though.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    v funny SW. They were a bit shíte really though.
    I thought the general mood and euphoria after such a glorious European night would allow me to slip this in virtually un-noticed.

However I stand by my comments.

Speak Like A Child, Ever Changing Moods, Long Hot Summer, Shout to the Top, Walls Come Tumbling Down, Have You Ever Had It Blue. Each a classic and I defy you to not dance around your kitchen when they are playing.

So, in summary.

I thought the general mood and euphoria after such a glorious European night would allow me to slip this in virtually un-noticed.

However I stand by my comments.

Speak Like A Child, Ever Changing Moods, Long Hot Summer, Shout to the Top, Walls Come Tumbling Down, Have You Ever Had It Blue. Each a classic and I defy you to not dance around your kitchen when they are playing.

So, in summary.

I loved, adored, worshiped etc etc The Jam. Weller's reinvention as a smoothie/soulboy made me copiously back then and I'm afraid time has done them no favours at all. Some of his solo stuff (including latter day) is alright, mind

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I loved, adored, worshiped etc etc The Jam. Weller's reinvention as a smoothie/soulboy made me copiously back then and I'm afraid time has done them no favours at all. Some of his solo stuff (including latter day) is alright, mind
    Do you want a fight?

Do you want a fight?
    typical Irisher.