Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most underrated band of all time?

Most underrated band of all time?

Easy. The Band.

Most underrated song of all time? The Band's 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', obviously.

This makes me thing of Skynyrd. This convinces me that The South will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Easy. The Band.

Most underrated song of all time? The Band's 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down', obviously.

This makes me thing of Skynyrd. This convinces me that The South will rise again.
    Yeah. There are no good songs about the boring old Union side. I’d definitely have been a keen Confederate. And not just because of the opportunities for whuppin’ slaves, drinking Mint Juleps and saying things like ‘Ah do declayuh..’ while wearing preposterous facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. There are no good songs about the boring old Union side. I’d definitely have been a keen Confederate. And not just because of the opportunities for whuppin’ slaves, drinking Mint Juleps and saying things like ‘Ah do declayuh..’ while wearing preposterous facial hair.
    I deffo want one of they big ol' houses with the columns and the trees with stuff hanging off them and the mournful singin' of the slaves in the twilight and have that one shaved and washed and brought to my rooms.

I deffo want one of they big ol' houses with the columns and the trees with stuff hanging off them and the mournful singin' of the slaves in the twilight and have that one shaved and washed and brought to my rooms.
    Absolutely. To be honest, though, have you ever been to the southern United States? It’s brutally, inhumanly hot and humid. If I found myself living there (which the good lord forbid) I would find myself tremendously keen on a system that involved black chaps having to do all the moving about and working instead of me. Of course, one would have to find the energy to flog the *******s once in a while, but you’d wait until the sun had gone down.

Absolutely. To be honest, though, have you ever been to the southern United States? It’s brutally, inhumanly hot and humid. If I found myself living there (which the good lord forbid) I would find myself tremendously keen on a system that involved black chaps having to do all the moving about and working instead of me. Of course, one would have to find the energy to flog the *******s once in a while, but you’d wait until the sun had gone down.
    Yes, it has been my dubious pleasure to experience the humidity of Florida, and once the extreme heat of Nevada and Arizona. I suppose I'm really thinking of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, that sort of area, aren't I? Must get out there and take a peek sometime. I wonder if there's a Lynyrd Skynyrd memorial route one might follow.

Yes, it has been my dubious pleasure to experience the humidity of Florida, and once the extreme heat of Nevada and Arizona. I suppose I'm really thinking of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, that sort of area, aren't I? Must get out there and take a peek sometime. I wonder if there's a Lynyrd Skynyrd memorial route one might follow.
    Surely the Lynrd Sknyrd Memorial Route would involve plummeting to earth from 20,000 ft?

A late night walk on the plantation that inevitably leads to the huts wherein lie a few bedding wenches. That sort of thing?

Surely the Lynrd Sknyrd Memorial Route would involve plummeting to earth from 20,000 ft?
    Poor Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    A late night walk on the plantation that inevitably leads to the huts wherein lie a few bedding wenches. That sort of thing?
    Oh, naturally. The population of ‘High Yallers’ isn’t going to sustain itself otherwise, is it?

Oh, naturally. The population of ‘High Yallers’ isn’t going to sustain itself otherwise, is it?
    That was my favourite part of Roots (just ahead of Kunta having his foot chopped after declining the alternative of being neutered).

Kunta trying to get his leg over only to be told 'Kunta, I'm the massah's bedding wench, any baby come outa me gotta be brown!'