Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I'm a City supporter, I'm pretty unhappy with that lino

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but what got the so excitable? It was like 1983, ffs.
    Simple intimidation, nothing else can describe it.

Liverpool FC announced during the day that both teams would be arriving at the ground via a diverted route. They then asked their supporters to turn up and give the home team a rousing welcome etc.

While the stones and bottles etc. may not have been expected they should be thrown out of Europe and banned for 10 years.

Murdering bástards.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    KDB was quite ****, wasn't he? Mind you, Sane put in a very Ox like shift.

Speaking of the Ox, bar the wonderful goal, the rest was very much the usual fare
    Well I must be biased as I thought he was one of the few that came away with any credit. I said to Master WES at kickoff that I didn't get the formation, was KDB really going to play wide on the right? He didn't of course and as far as I can tell he kept going where Gundogan was trying to play which seemed to result in Gundogan standing around watching the others play football.

Sterling caused Robertson all sorts of trouble when he came on. Guardiola got it wrong I think. Having said that, I haven't seen Liverpool defend like that in years.

Chap in the Times made me laugh. I watched City control the game second half and have some decent chances first half. They had a legit goal ruled out for offside and a nailed on penalty not awarded. This journo rating the players seemed to give all of Liverpool 8s and 9s and all of City 2s and 3s. I'm guessing he's a scouser.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well I must be biased as I thought he was one of the few that came away with any credit. I said to Master WES at kickoff that I didn't get the formation, was KDB really going to play wide on the right? He didn't of course and as far as I can tell he kept going where Gundogan was trying to play which seemed to result in Gundogan standing around watching the others play football.

Sterling caused Robertson all sorts of trouble when he came on. Guardiola got it wrong I think. Having said that, I haven't seen Liverpool defend like that in years.

Chap in the Times made me laugh. I watched City control the game second half and have some decent chances first half. They had a legit goal ruled out for offside and a nailed on penalty not awarded. This journo rating the players seemed to give all of Liverpool 8s and 9s and all of City 2s and 3s. I'm guessing he's a scouser.
    Ozil would have got all sorts of **** if he'd played as bad as KDB. Salah was excellent, scousers better hope he's back for the 2nd leg

Paul Hirst by any chance? Didn't bother reading that **** - think he is a Utd fan though

What decent chances first half? Can't remember them causing the keeper to make a decent save... could have been 4 or 5 nil down in the first half.... second half Liverpool defended well . Still think it will be tense next week
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Paul Hirst by any chance? Didn't bother reading that **** - think he is a Utd fan though
    That's the one

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you seen the footage of the City team bus arriving at Anfield? The scousers appear to have gone completely feral. What on earth were they so excited about?
    I only went to anfield once. Our train got attacked on the way back.

It was the 80s so you kind of understood.