Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foodwimb...Steakwoes

Foodwimb...Steakwoes

Ordered a steak over the weekend...requested Rare.

But it was in that halfway house between rare and medium rare.

Almost Good To Soft in Racing...in fact a more accurate description would’ve been - rare, rare to medium rare in places : (

Got right mugged off imo

Best rare steak I ever had was in South Africa...those Afrikaans know how to do a steak imo

In addition to this wtf is up with people ordering sweet potato fries? Jesus Christ people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Almost Good To Soft in Racing...in fact a more accurate description would’ve been - rare, rare to medium rare in places : (

Got right mugged off imo

Best rare steak I ever had was in South Africa...those Afrikaans know how to do a steak imo

In addition to this wtf is up with people ordering sweet potato fries? Jesus Christ people.
    Sweet potato fries are the food of the devil, t - keep fighting the good fight.

I had a steak in an O'Neil's on Saturday (it was the only place I could find showing the Munster game in central London). It were all right - blue cheese and Guinness sauce was very good too. I got about chips in a "bucket" though

Got right mugged off imo

Rule number 1 of eating in restaurants t. NEVER ORDER THE STEAK.

Lookit. You're not paying much for the ingreidents in your food, you're mainly paying for a skilled chef, backed by many professional assistants. Take advantage of this opportunity to order something you couldn't easily make for yourself in your humble kitchen. Order a bouillabaise, for example. Something which has taken a team of cooks several days to create.

That way you're getting bang for your buck :shrood:

Got right mugged off imo

Took my nearly 4-year-old to Flatiron yesterday. He demolished a 200g steak (cooked medium) all on his own

Got right mugged off imo

They go on and on about how good the steak is in Botswana. You never stop hearing about it.

Its alright- nothing to write home about at all.

I thought american beef was better to be honest....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Rule number 1 of eating in restaurants t. NEVER ORDER THE STEAK.

Lookit. You're not paying much for the ingreidents in your food, you're mainly paying for a skilled chef, backed by many professional assistants. Take advantage of this opportunity to order something you couldn't easily make for yourself in your humble kitchen. Order a bouillabaise, for example. Something which has taken a team of cooks several days to create.

That way you're getting bang for your buck :shrood:
    What about if you are eating in a transport cafe? Can you order what you actually want then?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What about if you are eating in a transport cafe? Can you order what you actually want then?
    I don't give a shít what you do.

I was offering advice to t, because he is a gentleman of discernement and understands that those of us of a certain quality may freely exchange the information which makes our lives so much better than yours.

For the sake of clarity, in a transport café you should order double egg, sausage, bacon and two fried slices, unless it's lunchtime, in which case you want double egg, sausage, ships and two slices of bread and butter.

Tea, always. Splash of milk, leave the bag in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't give a shít what you do.

I was offering advice to t, because he is a gentleman of discernement and understands that those of us of a certain quality may freely exchange the information which makes our lives so much better than yours.

For the sake of clarity, in a transport café you should order double egg, sausage, bacon and two fried slices, unless it's lunchtime, in which case you want double egg, sausage, ships and two slices of bread and butter.

Tea, always. Splash of milk, leave the bag in.
    Well, we agree on Tea. Finally, something.....

Not sure about double egg though...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, we agree on Tea. Finally, something.....

Not sure about double egg though...
    I think heterosexual male adults need two eggs, p. One egg is an insufficiency of egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Took my nearly 4-year-old to Flatiron yesterday. He demolished a 200g steak (cooked medium) all on his own
    My 5 year old is already at medium-rare for her steaks : proud: