Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it just me or is there something slightly wrong here

is it just me or is there something slightly wrong here

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Steak on steroids. WES would love that.

You mean because of the long bone? It's a popular cut in Canada and America but it's all show. It's just a ribeye steak on the bone without the bone being cut back to make it manageable. Referred to as Tomahawk, I believe.

I enquired about one in Vancouver once (grain fed, of course) but the chap selling them told me there was nothing different about the meat itself so I couldn't be bothered.

Are you suggesting he is a spacca type of person?

happy belated birthday btw - hope you had a fine day

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Steak on steroids. WES would love that.
    No, just cut differently.

I shall add this to the 'Charles knows sod all about food' list. It's about a mile long at this point.

Are you suggesting he is a spacca type of person?

happy belated birthday btw - hope you had a fine day
    ty la. I had a lovely day wandering around looking at aeroplanes at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford and then had dinner and stayed overnight at Jamie Oliver's parents' pub. It was the perfect bithday really.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You mean because of the long bone? It's a popular cut in Canada and America but it's all show. It's just a ribeye steak on the bone without the bone being cut back to make it manageable. Referred to as Tomahawk, I believe.

I enquired about one in Vancouver once (grain fed, of course) but the chap selling them told me there was nothing different about the meat itself so I couldn't be bothered.
    I got upsold a Tomahawk one in MASH fairly recently. Totally for show. And if more than one of you are having one at the table, it's a logistical nightmare.

No, just cut differently.

I shall add this to the 'Charles knows sod all about food' list. It's about a mile long at this point.
    What are you gibbering on about, man? Who is talking about the cut? YOU'RE HEARING VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AGAIN, AREN'T YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What are you gibbering on about, man? Who is talking about the cut? YOU'RE HEARING VOICES IN YOUR HEAD AGAIN, AREN'T YOU?
    You said it was steak on steroids. That would imply that it was larger than normal. It isn't. It's just cut differently.

Now stop thinking before you hurt yourself.

You said it was steak on steroids. That would imply that it was larger than normal. It isn't. It's just cut differently.

Now stop thinking before you hurt yourself.
    You've completely misundersto oh just forget it.