Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hmm, Aussies caught ball-tampering and are promptly thrashed by 492 runs

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Have to say I am shocked at the levels of vitriol on display here.
    We are talking about australians and cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Maybe we could spend a year teaching Mark Wood the difference between a fullish length and a half volley.

And Stokes might be fit/ not in prison.
    I don't mind Wood overpitching, it's the injuries that are really problematic. He's the only real prospect I've seen from the current crop and I do think he'd have made a difference in Australia if the cvnt hadn't been crocked.

We are talking about australians and cricket.
    If English football fans behaved in such a way, publicly displaying such hatred and animosity towards another country, Germany for example, they would be roundly lambasted and dis-owned by you and your type.

I am saddened Pedro.

If English football fans behaved in such a way, publicly displaying such hatred and animosity towards another country, Germany for example, they would be roundly lambasted and dis-owned by you and your type.

I am saddened Pedro.
    Normally, the rivalry between England and Australia is vicious, but essentially good-natured. However, the recent crop of Australian players have been particularly loathsome - hence the glee in international cricketing circles at their humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't mind Wood overpitching, it's the injuries that are really problematic. He's the only real prospect I've seen from the current crop and I do think he'd have made a difference in Australia if the cvnt hadn't been crocked.
    He bowls a decent pace and a very consistent line. Against NEw Zealand he was clearly uncomfortable bowling full and kept dropping too short. When they convinced him to bowl full in the second innings he was over pitching. It is probably a confidence thing. The bowlers in my side always hated pitching the ball up and you had to bully them into it.

If he can sort out his length he can take a lot of wickets. He is definitely different from the standard English trundlers.

THen there are the injuries. Very few quick bowlers have the kind of kneesand ankles that can stand the strain they put on them. People like Curley and Allan Donald are just physical freaks as well as world class bowlers.

I am saddened Pedro.
    I dont have a type.

He bowls a decent pace and a very consistent line. Against NEw Zealand he was clearly uncomfortable bowling full and kept dropping too short. When they convinced him to bowl full in the second innings he was over pitching. It is probably a confidence thing. The bowlers in my side always hated pitching the ball up and you had to bully them into it.

If he can sort out his length he can take a lot of wickets. He is definitely different from the standard English trundlers.

THen there are the injuries. Very few quick bowlers have the kind of kneesand ankles that can stand the strain they put on them. People like Curley and Allan Donald are just physical freaks as well as world class bowlers.
    Fast bowlers love people nicking off, but hate being driven. Being bears of little brain, it is necessary for wiser heads to explain to them sometimes that in order to get the former, they have to risk the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fast bowlers love people nicking off, but hate being driven. Being bears of little brain, it is necessary for wiser heads to explain to them sometimes that in order to get the former, they have to risk the latter.
    Jimmy's ball to remove Nicholls last night was a thing of beauty. Set him up beautifully then floated one across him and just shy of the half volley. Some bowlers have a bit of brain about them..... mind you, he is in his late 30s...