Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmm, Aussies caught ball-tampering and are promptly thrashed by 492 runs

Hmm, Aussies caught ball-tampering and are promptly thrashed by 492 runs

as they couldn't bowl for toffee........

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    as they couldn't bowl for toffee........
    Did any of them burst into tears? Honestly, the sight of these spoilt brats crying because someone's taken their toys away would sicken a dog. Revolting spectacle.

Wait this has finished??? Godamit. South Africa were 1/10 to win but was on a call with my manager.

Jesus...that was quick work for SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did any of them burst into tears? Honestly, the sight of these spoilt brats crying because someone's taken their toys away would sicken a dog. Revolting spectacle.
    It was funny at first, then sickening.

This has cost them a fortune....

Pretty sure Warner faked his tears. Noticed right at the end a little smirk to indicate - Can’t believe you mugs fell for that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Pretty sure Warner faked his tears. Noticed right at the end a little smirk to indicate - Can’t believe you mugs fell for that!!!
    Real or faked, the tears were all about self-pity rather than remorse. The idea that anyone would feel more forgiving towards them as a consequence is laughable.

Real or faked, the tears were all about self-pity rather than remorse. The idea that anyone would feel more forgiving towards them as a consequence is laughable.
    Definitely a stunt, no question. Any genuine devastation on their part will be about the ban and the IPL contracts they are missing out on. And, I suppose, their reputation in the game (less of an issue for Warner who was already despised by pretty much everybody).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Definitely a stunt, no question. Any genuine devastation on their part will be about the ban and the IPL contracts they are missing out on. And, I suppose, their reputation in the game (less of an issue for Warner who was already despised by pretty much everybody).
    Yup. Fairplay to the IPL, actually. They didn't have to put the boot into Smith and Warner, but they did rather gratifyingly. I suspect that came as a nasty shock to them.

Actually, I must admit that the depths of contempt clearly felt for David Warner throughout world cricket have surprised even me.

Yup. Fairplay to the IPL, actually. They didn't have to put the boot into Smith and Warner, but they did rather gratifyingly. I suspect that came as a nasty shock to them.

Actually, I must admit that the depths of contempt clearly felt for David Warner throughout world cricket have surprised even me.
    I thought Michael Vaughan was rather 'firm' on the matter. Certainly gives me the impression that some of what goes on behind the scenes and away from the stump mic is as bad as has been suggested. I noted he walked a long way towards the stand to give Jimmy Anderson a bit of verbals when he came out to bat. Clearly stuff he didn't want the stump mic picking up.

Basically, a real piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought Michael Vaughan was rather 'firm' on the matter. Certainly gives me the impression that some of what goes on behind the scenes and away from the stump mic is as bad as has been suggested. I noted he walked a long way towards the stand to give Jimmy Anderson a bit of verbals when he came out to bat. Clearly stuff he didn't want the stump mic picking up.

Basically, a real piece of ****.
    I liked Nasser Hussein's dig that Warner had basically abused every team in world cricket except the Indians because doing so might have jeopardised his IPL contract. Prick.