Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** me, the Guardian splashing on another Corbyn anti-semitism row

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is perfectly possible that he has had enough of a job that he never really wanted and for which he is hopelessly unprepared/unqualified.

I really cant put up with a Labour leader who is willing to cause this much trouble over his hatred of Israel. As much as I may respect the view it is hardly a key issue in the job description. where is this fabled commitment to 'ordinary people' most of whom don't give a **** about Israel one way or the other?
    Politician in putting their own agenda before that of their constituents shocker..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It is perfectly possible that he has had enough of a job that he never really wanted and for which he is hopelessly unprepared/unqualified.

I really cant put up with a Labour leader who is willing to cause this much trouble over his hatred of Israel. As much as I may respect the view it is hardly a key issue in the job description. where is this fabled commitment to 'ordinary people' most of whom don't give a **** about Israel one way or the other?
    He couldn't give a toss about 'ordinary people'. He is MP in a constituency whose occupants and concerns are about as far removed from 'ordinary' as any in the country. He cut his teeth in fringe politics and that fringe is where all his interests lie. This is what happens when you elect a professional protester as leader rather than a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He couldn't give a toss about 'ordinary people'. He is MP in a constituency whose occupants and concerns are about as far removed from 'ordinary' as any in the country. He cut his teeth in fringe politics and that fringe is where all his interests lie. This is what happens when you elect a professional protester as leader rather than a politician.
    You sound like me

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Politician in putting their own agenda before that of their constituents shocker..?
    It is, a bit. THe job of a modern day politician is pandering to the whims and tastes of the 'general public'. Principled stands on complicated issues of foreign policy area a massive error.

You sound like me
    Well I've always said that you have a bottom of good sense, p.

For a muddle-headed lefty, that is.

It is, a bit. THe job of a modern day politician is pandering to the whims and tastes of the 'general public'. Principled stands on complicated issues of foreign policy area a massive error.
    I note, by the way, that the Saudi Crown Prince is now saying he wants to recognise the State of Israel. Old-fashioned anti-zionism is soon going to look very old hat and unfashionable. The world is moving on.

Well I've always said that you have a bottom of good sense, p.

For a muddle-headed lefty, that is.
    The destruction of the left of the party for its rabid anti-semitism will allow for the restoration of the centre of the party following its destruction by Blair's silly war.

Better a war monger than a jew hater

The destruction of the left of the party for its rabid anti-semitism will allow for the restoration of the centre of the party following its destruction by Blair's silly war.

Better a war monger than a jew hater
    Easier said than done. Say what you like about the left, but its seizing of the party machinery has been impressive. They won't go down without a fight.

Easier said than done. Say what you like about the left, but its seizing of the party machinery has been impressive. They won't go down without a fight.
    It wouldnt be the Labour Party without a good internal fight

Anyone got links to the Facebook groups?

Sounds like a place I can let Mickey Pearce, Star Trek Gooner, Profumo and Sarah loose on imo