Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bellerin’s dip in form...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    thanks, WES.

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?
    Yes and no. The second bit is not illogical. You are much more likely to be hurt on the ladder so it makes perfect sense.

Still, pint of HTFU and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Think others were considerably more at fault than he was. Not to say any of them covered themselves in any more glory, than say, we did against City....on any occasion.
    I josh of course, but the one moment where LS received the ball which ultimately led to the second goal is arguably my stand out moment of the domestic season.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I josh of course, but the one moment where LS received the ball which ultimately led to the second goal is arguably my stand out moment of the domestic season.
    I'd rather have Sane over KDB.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Pretty much every word of that is incorrect, I'm afraid. Had you added Dennis Bergkamp being better than Teddy Sheringham you might won an award of some kind for incorrectness.

I'm pretty sure that everyone killed crossing the road thought that they were completely in control, however being in control is a) a nebulous concept and b) inaccurate in this case. To see it this way is illogical. By removing yourself from the scenario and looking at it objectively and intelligently you should come to the conclusion that it is the statistical probability of being killed/harmed that is relevant.

And I would guess that dying crossing the road is considerably more likely to be unpleasant than dying in a plane crash. The latter is almost certainly a quick and painless process, although the lead up might make you sweat a bit, admittedly.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because statistically it was safer than flying across.

See, I can do funny