Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bellerin’s dip in form...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    its the way you potentially die, innit. knowing that the descent you're on will last a minute and will 100% kill you, compared to getting unexpectedly flattened by a bus.

Shít logic, agreed, but there you go...
    Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I do hope you sent the BIL a quick text asking him if he had managed to find Leroy Sane yet?
    Think others were considerably more at fault than he was. Not to say any of them covered themselves in any more glory, than say, we did against City....on any occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, being more scared of crossing the road is logical, how scared is open to debate and largely depends on how much of a big girl's blouse you are.

What is illogical is being afraid of flying but not afraid of crossing the road. And it is not in any way a flawed statistic. It is simply logical. I have no fear of flying because I am logical and the choice is to spend my life terrified of a great many things or to not be afraid of something that is incredibly unlikely to ever harm me. I choose the latter because I am an intelligent, logical person.

Don't get me started on dentists, needles or snakes however.
    The logical approach to crossing the road is to acknowledge the danger and take appropriate caution. It is clearly potentially dangerous but within your control. If you have an ounce of sense and take precautions there is pretty much no risk whatsoever. I do it every day and have never once even had a close shave. Being scared of something I can control doesn't sound very logical to me.

It bears no relation whatsoever to flying which is totally outof your control once you step on the plane. You cannot take any precautions and if anything goes wrong you are probably going to die in an awful way.

See.... you read a silly, totally flawed statistic and you are scared of crossing the road. So much for logic

Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

But you're afraid of needles That's a very girly fear, imo

Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

A proper man who thinks it is perfectly rational to be scared to cross the road.

What a poofter! Get this 'proper man' a lollipop lady, immediately!

Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man.
    thanks, WES.

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

And snakes. In Britain you are more likely to get killed by a vending machine than a snakebite. Totally irrational fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The logical approach to crossing the road is to acknowledge the danger and take appropriate caution. It is clearly potentially dangerous but within your control. If you have an ounce of sense and take precautions there is pretty much no risk whatsoever. I do it every day and have never once even had a close shave. Being scared of something I can control doesn't sound very logical to me.

It bears no relation whatsoever to flying which is totally outof your control once you step on the plane. You cannot take any precautions and if anything goes wrong you are probably going to die in an awful way.

See.... you read a silly, totally flawed statistic and you are scared of crossing the road. So much for logic
    Pretty much every word of that is incorrect, I'm afraid. Had you added Dennis Bergkamp being better than Teddy Sheringham you might won an award of some kind for incorrectness.

I'm pretty sure that everyone killed crossing the road thought that they were completely in control, however being in control is a) a nebulous concept and b) inaccurate in this case. To see it this way is illogical. By removing yourself from the scenario and looking at it objectively and intelligently you should come to the conclusion that it is the statistical probability of being killed/harmed that is relevant.

And I would guess that dying crossing the road is considerably more likely to be unpleasant than dying in a plane crash. The latter is almost certainly a quick and painless process, although the lead up might make you sweat a bit, admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ahem. I am not afraid of needles. Or snakes. Or dentists. I admit I find them all unpleasant on some level, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A proper man who thinks it is perfectly rational to be scared to cross the road.

What a poofter! Get this 'proper man' a lollipop lady, immediately!
    Excuse me Peter but I insist you not misrepresent me. Now stop it!