Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellerin’s dip in form...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That you assume fear of flying is about the fear of dying I'm afraid typifies the lack of empathy and imagination that normal people associate with the spectrum-dwellers who study science and engineering.

It's a fear of flying.
    Yes you're right. I don't get that at all. Why would I be afraid of something that statistics show is incredibly unlikely to hurt me in any way? It makes no sense. It is illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes you're right. I don't get that at all. Why would I be afraid of something that statistics show is incredibly unlikely to hurt me in any way? It makes no sense. It is illogical.
    its the way you potentially die, innit. knowing that the descent you're on will last a minute and will 100% kill you, compared to getting unexpectedly flattened by a bus.

Shít logic, agreed, but there you go...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    its the way you potentially die, innit. knowing that the descent you're on will last a minute and will 100% kill you, compared to getting unexpectedly flattened by a bus.

Shít logic, agreed, but there you go...
    Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man.

Yes but then it is related to dying. This I understand. Well; by 'understand' I mean I understand that you are illogical and a girly man.
    thanks, WES.

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    thanks, WES.

isn't all fear of flying actually fear of dying in a firey impact?

I'm not at all afraid of flying yet do not like heights.

Would you get me 30 feet up a wobbly ladder? fúck no. 30,000ft in an airplane*, no problem. Illogical, no?
    Yes and no. The second bit is not illogical. You are much more likely to be hurt on the ladder so it makes perfect sense.

Still, pint of HTFU and all that.

Do you always insist that everyone's fears must be logical? Do you think you might be missing something about the nature of fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Do you always insist that everyone's fears must be logical? Do you think you might be missing something about the nature of fear?
    Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

Yes and no. What with me being a proper man and not a big girl's blouse and everything.

But you're afraid of needles That's a very girly fear, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

And snakes. In Britain you are more likely to get killed by a vending machine than a snakebite. Totally irrational fear.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ahem. I am not afraid of needles. Or snakes. Or dentists. I admit I find them all unpleasant on some level, that is all.