Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I like the front 2. LaK7 dropped deep to link up with PEA who barely touched the

I like the front 2. LaK7 dropped deep to link up with PEA who barely touched the

ball in the first half.

And Mhikky again gave creativity and end product. But we were dire before that. The passing was woeful.

Could we start with this front 4? Cos that means a two man MF.

LaK7 and Ozil - and indeed HM7 - will all drop deep so it's no problem when attacking, but they won't really track back and tackle. That's why, and it pains me to say it, Cesc was so special. Goals, assists and proper MF tackling.

But having HM and LaK7 linking Ozil and PEA worked quite well.

But we only scored 3 set pieces against a bunch of donkeys. 2 pens - one soft, one silly - and a corner, which at least came after some nice build up play.

Well have to do much better against CSKA but our no.9 looked good when he came on. Hopefully the pen will give his confidence a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    ball in the first half.

And Mhikky again gave creativity and end product. But we were dire before that. The passing was woeful.

LaK7 and Ozil - and indeed HM7 - will all drop deep so it's no problem when attacking, but they won't really track back and tackle. That's why, and it pains me to say it, Cesc was so special. Goals, assists and proper MF tackling.

But we only scored 3 set pieces against a bunch of donkeys. 2 pens - one soft, one silly - and a corner, which at least came after some nice build up play.

Well have to do much better against CSKA but our no.9 looked good when he came on. Hopefully the pen will give his confidence a boost.
    So what you're saying is that Welbeck needs to be turned into glue. And if you *are saying that, then, well, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    So what you're saying is that Welbeck needs to be turned into glue. And if you *are saying that, then, well, I agree with you.
    Basically, yes. I wish we'd kept Olly instead. Or Feo.

In Bould's press conference he said LaK7 could play football, that he could be a no.10. And in the first half, there was no link between Ozil and PEA. Lacca filled that space and when HM7 came on as well, we suddenly started to look like a decent team.

If we can tell the front 4 that whenever we lose the ball, whoever is deepest has to track back like a midfielder, then perhaps it could work.

But if not, and with Rambo bursting forward, then we'd be screwed. Perhaps that's why El-Nenny gives us something.

Nice that PEA gave up his hat-trick. They look like they want to be strike partners. So play Lacca at no.10 with HM and MO either side.

Good points well made. Plus they both speak foreign, so no problems there

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    ball in the first half.

I'm guessing that with Welbz being expendable against relegation fodder and PEA ineligible for the Europa big prize ( you know, the one where Wenger's ludicrous expectations of being in charge next season hangs by a thread ), then this was his opening front two gambit.
    Of course, it didn't take long for him to realise that with Welbz on the field of play, relegation bound Stoke looked good value to steal the points and heap more misery on the senile old goats eye. Subs to the rescue and thankfully, no new injury worries, despite the Stoke cloggers best efforts to maim Lacazzette.

The worst game I have attended for 15 years, and given the **** I’ve seen over the last few years that’s saying something.

This would be sooo much simpler without all the No10s we have to accommodate.

With a lot of sides switching to 3 at the back then next season might be the right time to switch back to a 442 with Reese & Miki on the wings and Aboomerang & Laca up front #oldskool

ball in the first half.

Your posts make me want gouge my eyes out.