Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: World Cup winners / betting

World Cup winners / betting

Still quite smitten with Brazil.

They’ve got everything you require from a World Cup winning team and 5/1 looks quite tasty but I’m just going to wait a little longer until I know the final squad (worried about pre World Cup injuries).

Other than them I’m going to make Peru my play of the tournament with bets of them to make the 2nd round, QF, SF, final and to win it.

They’ve been massively underrated after qualifying by virtue of beating New Zealand in the play offs but they play a very pacy, fluid and skilful counter attacking game.

A joy to watch with how easy they can make it look and to my eye they seemed to have improved again since qualifying ie didn’t break a sweat to trash Croatia and Iceland out in Florida this past week.

Think they’ll make mince of their group...Australia, Denmark and France won’t know what hit them imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

They’ve got everything you require from a World Cup winning team and 5/1 looks quite tasty but I’m just going to wait a little longer until I know the final squad (worried about pre World Cup injuries).

Other than them I’m going to make Peru my play of the tournament with bets of them to make the 2nd round, QF, SF, final and to win it.

They’ve been massively underrated after qualifying by virtue of beating New Zealand in the play offs but they play a very pacy, fluid and skilful counter attacking game.

A joy to watch with how easy they can make it look and to my eye they seemed to have improved again since qualifying ie didn’t break a sweat to trash Croatia and Iceland out in Florida this past week.

Think they’ll make mince of their group...Australia, Denmark and France won’t know what hit them imo
    Note to self: avoid betting on Brazil/Peru
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Thought they looked very good on Tuesday night v Germany. Presumably Jesus or one of Fernandinho/Paulinho makes room for Neymar.

They have already named 15 of their squad though of course injuries are unknown.