Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Blimey - even the Guardian's following my advice

Blimey - even the Guardian's following my advice

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-corbyn-lammy

For a paper that's been ramping up its support for Corbyn for months (having previously been luke-warm about him), this is a promising turn of events...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-corbyn-lammy

For a paper that's been ramping up its support for Corbyn for months (having previously been luke-warm about him), this is a promising turn of events...
    I'm confused by the double negative. If you are against anti-semitism are you not actually for semitism? And what exactly is semitism?

If you are against anti-semitism does that tacitly imply you support Spurs? Or is that not a thing anymore? I'm having a hard time keeping up these days. Then I stumbled across Very British Problems on Netflix.. so now I'm still confused, but am comforted that I am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I'm confused by the double negative. If you are against anti-semitism are you not actually for semitism? And what exactly is semitism?

If you are against anti-semitism does that tacitly imply you support Spurs? Or is that not a thing anymore? I'm having a hard time keeping up these days. Then I stumbled across Very British Problems on Netflix.. so now I'm still confused, but am comforted that I am not the only one.
    I've never heard of Very British Problems, but I fear it may be a spin off of a really shít Twitter account of the same name.

And it seems James Corden is in it, which is never a good sign.

I've never heard of Very British Problems, but I fear it may be a spin off of a really shít Twitter account of the same name.

He is also the voice of Peter Rabbit in the new movie which I fear I may have to go see this weekend.

I did point out to my daughter that he is a twát but she was not to be swayed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is also the voice of Peter Rabbit in the new movie which I fear I may have to go see this weekend.

I did point out to my daughter that he is a twát but she was not to be swayed.
    You and me both (seeing Peter Rabbit this weekend, I mean), though I'm quite looking forward to it.

The chance to sit in a dark room (albeit surrounded by disgusting children) and be largely left alone for 1.5 hours is quite appealing nowadays.

You and me both (seeing Peter Rabbit this weekend, I mean), though I'm quite looking forward to it.

The chance to sit in a dark room (albeit surrounded by disgusting children) and be largely left alone for 1.5 hours is quite appealing nowadays.
    The cinema is a great 1-2 hour escape of course, two hours of relaxation with popcorn and Haribo, though recently we have gone down the simple gender split route of me taking the boy and my Mrs going with the daughter.

Thus Star Wars, Thor Ragnorak and most recently Black Panther.

Sadly this weekend is her birthday and she wants me to bring her.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The cinema is a great 1-2 hour escape of course, two hours of relaxation with popcorn and Haribo, though recently we have gone down the simple gender split route of me taking the boy and my Mrs going with the daughter.

Thus Star Wars, Thor Ragnorak and most recently Black Panther.

Sadly this weekend is her birthday and she wants me to bring her.
    Are you not concerned about reinforcing outdated gender stereotypes and imbuing your son with the kind of toxic masculinity that will almost certainly result in him touching a woman's knee without written consent?

Are you not concerned about reinforcing outdated gender stereotypes and imbuing your son with the kind of toxic masculinity that will almost certainly result in him touching a woman's knee without written consent?
    He is Irish. We are stereotypes.

What would you rather he do, touch another man's knee?

It's a whole series. Watched most of the first episode, but it turns out to be a bitchfest (winging) so it got old fast. won't watch any more. Corden is in it, Freddie Flintoff (cricket?) and several other Brits that I assume you would know but I have no idea who they were. I could only understand half of them. At least I can understand Corden, most of the time. I realized it's a one hour filler show, of which we have so so many, for some telly network over there.

that's the thing that I hate about Netflix. the missus wants to watch a show about gardening, it happens to be from Britain, and suddenly the Netflix suggestions are loaded with Brit stuff. Of course, watching the Crown didn't help either.