Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The glw has requested gnocchi for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I had a wonderful carbonara in a tiny enoteca halfway up a mountain in Tuscany once; a place no white man had seen before.

It contained both cream and garlic, both 'verboten' to those most ignorant of all 'cooks', the 'blinkered and dogmatic' crowd. #shotsfired
    From the man who insists on food authenticity more dogmatically than any on here, that is - to say the least - a bit fvcking rich. As, I suspect, was your gloopy, garlicky, Tesco microwave-style carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    From the man who insists on food authenticity more dogmatically than any on here, that is - to say the least - a bit fvcking rich. As, I suspect, was your gloopy, garlicky, Tesco microwave-style carbonara.
    he loves the gloop, b
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You haven't tasted sir C's sauce then............
    Careful P, something pomodoro.

Sauce indeed.

How very dare you!

How very dare you!
    Don't dish it out if you can't take it, pal.

For the record, I hope you enjoyed your spaghetti in cream sauce. It wasn't a carbonara, though.

And to think I thought I was being heretical adding nutmeg to mine.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it, pal.

For the record, I hope you enjoyed your spaghetti in cream sauce. It wasn't a carbonara, though.

And to think I thought I was being heretical adding nutmeg to mine.
    When were you appointed Chief Arbiter of Authentic Carbonara, anyway?

You could open your mind and learn about the huge and fascinating variations in Italian cuisine from region to region, village to village and house to house, or you could carry on operating under the mistaken impression that a little knowledge is a good thing.

I wonder which option you'll choose?

You could open your mind and learn about the huge and fascinating variations in Italian cuisine from region to region, village to village and house to house, or you could carry on operating under the mistaken impression that a little knowledge is a good thing.

Alright, fellas. We are talking about bloody pasta here. Its hardly worth falling out over is it.....

Italian food is a bit **** anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Alright, fellas. We are talking about bloody pasta here. Its hardly worth falling out over is it.....

Italian food is a bit **** anyway....
    It's not the pasta, it's the principle of the thing.

Which cuisine would you say is your favourite, p?

You seem very defensive, my friend. I'll bet WES's favourite chefs in Dubai use cream and garlic, too.

It's not the pasta, it's the principle of the thing.

Which cuisine would you say is your favourite, p?
    At its best, probably Hakka. There is this crispy noodle dish I crave almost all the time. And a tempura crab you just cant do properly here.

But then I do love Indian food as well.

Ooh, this is a tricky one....I'm bloody hungry now.