Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The glw has requested gnocchi for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh look, here we go, Mr Potatohead steams in, elbows swinging with his tubercentric bigotries.

One suspects you would like to see a rake of spuds boiled for 40 minutes and then slopped onto your plate, entirely unadorned.

Have you discovered plates yet?
    Nothing wrong with a good honest spud, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Salad for tea.

Sweet fúcking Jesus.
    I can't imagine eating my BBQ roasted cote de boeuf without a side salad. It's a requirement for those of us who have gone beyond potatoes and boiled vegetables.

Not you, obviously.

1. I had lardons in my tartiflette last night.
    2. I've got no ciabatta
    3. It's March and it's grey and pissing down. What do I want with salad?
    4. Thank you for this incredibly useful response.
    But you can get the best Italian ever at some bland Dubai hotel
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh look, here we go, Mr Potatohead steams in, elbows swinging with his tubercentric bigotries.

One suspects you would like to see a rake of spuds boiled for 40 minutes and then slopped onto your plate, entirely unadorned.

Have you discovered plates yet?

The potato is a wonderful thing in many of its ways – the humble chip, dauphinoise and of course who does not love buttery, creamy mash.

Now why on earth would you then mix it with flour, make small frankly gay little pillows and boil them again and then toss in pesto which to be blunt would be better used with some simple pasta.

I had gnocchi once in a fancy restaurant and it was more than acceptable as they had “pan” fried it post the boiling malarkey. Every other time I have wondered why I bothered.

p.s. referring to Italian food in native Italian terms does not make it any nicer, just makes you sound like a cóck.

Salad for tea.

Sweet fúcking Jesus.
    Especially when it is cold and wet outside (most of the year for you), salad is for girls and Canadians imo

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I can't imagine eating my BBQ roasted cote de boeuf without a side salad. It's a requirement for those of us who have gone beyond potatoes and boiled vegetables.

Not you, obviously.
    You're going to stand in the pissing rain barbecuing cote de boeuf? If I were American I might be tempted to call you a weird-ass moose-fúcker.

Thank God I'm not American.

The potato is a wonderful thing in many of its ways – the humble chip, dauphinoise and of course who does not love buttery, creamy mash.

Now why on earth would you then mix it with flour, make small frankly gay little pillows and boil them again and then toss in pesto which to be blunt would be better used with some simple pasta.

I had gnocchi once in a fancy restaurant and it was more than acceptable as they had “pan” fried it post the boiling malarkey. Every other time I have wondered why I bothered.

p.s. referring to Italian food in native Italian terms does not make it any nicer, just makes you sound like a cóck.
    How would you describe gnocchi without using 'native Italian terms', dicksplash? (No offence.)

I cant recall ever agreeing with a post on AWIMB as much as this one.

If you didn't constantly call me Pedro and threaten to kill me we could have been great friends

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But you can get the best Italian ever at some bland Dubai hotel
    I once took a visitor from America or Canadia (whatever) to dinner at an Italian restaurant where he demanded 'spagheddi with spagheddisoss'. One imagines this is what WES spoons up from the tepid buffet selection and imagines himself quite the gourmand.

I once took a visitor from America or Canadia (whatever) to dinner at an Italian restaurant where he demanded 'spagheddi with spagheddisoss'. One imagines this is what WES spoons up from the tepid buffet selection and imagines himself quite the gourmand.
    We all know that we make the best sauce, everyone's home made sauce tastes better than anything you can get elsewhere

By the way, why wouldyou choose to go to dinner with a Yank or Moose shagger (unless they were going to give you lots of money)