Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My worry is that this anti-Semitism stuff has a limited shelf-life and will blow over

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. But this stuff does resonate and have an effect. Look at today's PMQs. Corbyn had the opportunity to get a Minister (rightly) sacked over the John Worboys thing and - incomprehensibly - totally missed it. You have to wonder how much of that is his own deep reserves of stupidity and incompetence and how much it's an effect of the anti-semitism stuff putting Labour off balance, damaging their confidence and taking their eye off the ball.
    Again, the problem is that a weak opposition is bad for the country, we have a weak Govt as it is
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Of course. But this stuff does resonate and have an effect. Look at today's PMQs. Corbyn had the opportunity to get a Minister (rightly) sacked over the John Worboys thing and - incomprehensibly - totally missed it. You have to wonder how much of that is his own deep reserves of stupidity and incompetence and how much it's an effect of the anti-semitism stuff putting Labour off balance, damaging their confidence and taking their eye off the ball.
    I think that is his (largely misguided) belief that he should focus on issues rather than scoring points. Its no way to behave in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think that is his (largely misguided) belief that he should focus on issues rather than scoring points. Its no way to behave in politics.
    Good man Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good man Pedro.

Its true. This isnt the Oxford Union. Its professional politics and its about courting favour, however it's achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Again, the problem is that a weak opposition is bad for the country, we have a weak Govt as it is
    At the moment, I think a weak opposition is a godsend. The EU is seizing on any and every weakness in the UK's internal politics to kick us in the b0llocks over Brexit. An effective opposition committed to reversing the vote would only ensure the worst possible outcome from these negotiations.

Spare me the 'Jezza is a principled naif set adrift in the cesspit of cynicism' bit, p.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he's too fvcking thick to score the points.

Spare me the 'Jezza is a principled naif set adrift in the cesspit of cynicism' bit, p.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he's too fvcking thick to score the points.
    Don't be silly. Nobody is that thick.

Its all about the 'new type of politics' isnt it. Its what people want apparently.

I favour the points scoring model.....

Don't be silly. Nobody is that thick.

Its all about the 'new type of politics' isnt it. Its what people want apparently.

I favour the points scoring model.....
    He absolutely is that thick. Have you ever watched him be interviewed? That's not benign condescension that makes him that impassive. It's stupidity. Real, profound stupidity.

He absolutely is that thick. Have you ever watched him be interviewed? That's not benign condescension that makes him that impassive. It's stupidity. Real, profound stupidity.
    If it brings you some comfort to believe that.....

He really is a decent, intelligent man who wants what's best for britain, b.

If it brings you some comfort to believe that.....

He really is a decent, intelligent man who wants what's best for britain, b.
    Just fvck off, p. I know you're just trying to wind me up.